HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow Question
Thread: Arrow Question
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 10:33 PM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Try that with a 300 spined Easton AXIS and then with out changing a thing shoot a Gold Tip 35/55 and then tell me that form is everything.
BB,
In many ways, you're way ahead of them. I can see both side of it though. If the spine and diameters are the same, there wouldn't be much difference in the POI. I also see where he's trying to go with this, and can understand his thought process. MOST shooters would notice very little difference in a .003 and a .005 straightness arrow. Some may see a little difference, but your "average" archer ain't gonna notice a whole lot of difference, especially when shooting FP's. Screw on some BH's and its a WHOLE different story, but w/ FP's, that difference isn't going to be that extreme in all honesty.

As for arrows costing $120/dozen......Call me cheap, but I ain't ever gonna pay that for a dozen arrows. I shoot CHEAPER arrows, but they also have good spec's, and I've shot more expensive arrows w/ similar specs and found that the arrows I shoot are just as good as the more expensive stuff, in some cases better.