Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Nock fit

Old 05-20-2003, 08:54 AM

Default Nock fit

I was wonder how you all make your nocks fit better. Do you use smaller serving? Do you modify your nock?

I am using uni-nocks on a winners choice string. They are a little tight. I have tought about modifying my nock to fit a little looser. I had considered using sandpaper or a file to do this.

Any suggestion. AND NO I don' t want to use the magna nock system. Have it and used it. I will stick with a regual nock.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nock fit

I say just shoot it for a while, the serving will wear down a tad and the fit should be good. This is what I have done in the past.

But somebody else might have a better answer.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was told by a trusted Pro-shop owner that he sizes all his nocks by immersing them for a few seconds in water heated to just below boiling (nock on the arrow). He then removes them and places them on the bowstring to cool. He claims that all of his nocks are exactly the same this way and fit perfectly on the bowstring. He has countless robinhoods shot at 60 yards plus to prove his expertice.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldn' t try changing the nock fit by sandpapering or hot water (had heard about this once and it was considered better then heating the nock slightly over a flame and pinching) just because I think it would give you inconsistant nock fit, you will have some variation. I make my own and like BCY #62 braid in .021. This seems to give me the fit I like using any size nock.