Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Nock

Old 04-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nock

What makes one nock better than another? I am not interested in the luminocks or any "fancy" nocks...just regular sytle nocks.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:54 PM

Default RE: Nock

some are tunable/moveable so you can get good vane clearance, however glue on knock are glued permanetly and you can not tune/move them
Old 04-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quality of manufacture is what sets them apart. Old style glue-ons were pretty iffy. The newer push in styles are much better in consistency. Most are made to certain standards so that the throat size is pretty consistent from nock to nock and often from one manufacturer to another. However not all fit the string the same. That's one reason why there are different diameters of serving material. They also line up perfectly with the shaft unless you just happen to get a bad nock, which is rare. They can be indexed to give fletching clearance with a conventional rest. Frankly, with so many good reason for them I just cannot see any use for glue-on nocks any more unless you're a true traditional shooter.

After many years of shooting I have come to the conclusion that Easton's G nocks are about as consistent as you can get. They compare nicely to many of the nocks made for target shooting like Beiter.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am definitely sticking with the "push-in" style nocks. My real question is why should I buy easton nocks instead of any other nock? What sets easton nocks apart from all the others? If you shoot Easton Axis arrows, because of the slim design of the arrow shaft, can you even use other nocks other than the easton nocks?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

r33h,

I don't shoot nor do I even like Axis arrows so can't answer that question. You might be stuck with what you got. The stock nocks should be plenty good enough, though. Just be sure to get a good nock fit to the serving, meaning not too tight.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:15 AM

Try the Tune A Nocks (FS Nock)from QAD (www.qadinc.com). I think you'll like them. They are shorter than a standard nock. I find my arrows ar 4 - 6 fps faster and shoot a couple inches higher at 20 yards.

These are super uni bushing nocks.