Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Nock Fit

Old 05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
bigcountry

Default Nock Fit

How tight is too tight? My alum arrow click in. Seems little tight.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nock Fit

A tight nock can create a lot of problems. Nock an arrow, point it at the ground and give the string a tap. The arrow should fall off. I not, you may have to have the string re-served with the correct size serving.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:45 PM
bigcountry

No, it definately won't fall off. Its easton nocks.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

bc, an old indian trick taught to me by an old indian...

Put a pan of water on the stove and get it to boiling. Take your arrow and stick the nock in the water for 30-45 seconds. The hot water makes the plastic pliable, but not so much as to distort it. Take it out, give it a quick shake to get the water out of the nock's throat and then snap it on and off the string a few times. The plastic cools pretty quick, so you might have to repeat that a couple of times to loosen the nock fit up where you want it.

Do your bestto push the nock straight on and pull it straight off while your doing that.If you twist the arrow too much, itcan distort the nock's ears and make it shoot crooked.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:04 AM
bigcountry

I like that idea. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:52 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

There's an even easier solution--use the proper size serving to fit the nocks you use. The trick is finding the right size for a particular string/strand/nock. I could probably tell you if you want. Most of the stores sell a generic string--and one size does NOT fit all.

Chad
Old 05-04-2006, 05:37 AM
bigcountry

Sure chad. I am shooting easton legacys and whatever knock they put on there.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:11 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

What type string, and how many strands? Are your nocks glue-on or uni-nocks? If they are glue-on, do they have an indexer, or a hard snap?
Old 05-07-2006, 01:03 PM
bigcountry

LBR, Looks like 16 strand dacron flemish twist two bundles (elk run) I think. Nocks are glue on and have a hard snap.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:59 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Ouch--those will probably snap tight on a 16 strand dacron with no serving. You might swap to Bohnning Classics or Mercury nocks--if it's a small size serving, those may fit ok. Dropping to a 14 strand string would help some.

Chad

Quick Reply: Nock Fit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.