Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Nock fit

Old 06-10-2003, 06:55 PM

Default Nock fit

How do you know if nock fit is to tight? If the nock is to tight and you dont know what size you have, short of purchasing a variety, how do you know what size to get. Thanks
Old 06-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nock fit

Thats easy fixed.
I use Magnocks they only come in 2 sizes large and small
The best thing is you get exactly the same release off the string every time no matter what.

If you want to check them out go to www.magnock.com and have a look.

At first I thought they was just another gimmick to get my money but after some research I decided to give them a go and believe it or not they do perform exactly as advertised.
I now have them on both my hunting and target bow.

Give them a try and be pleasantly surprised
Old 06-11-2003, 07:42 AM

Default RE: Nock fit

Also a much less expensive and very effective fix is to boil some water and then dunk your nocks in it to get them heated up and then nock them on your string. If they' re too tight, the soft, pliable plastic will open up just right. If they' re too loose, you have the opportunity to pinch them between your fingers and then pull them off the string, again providing a great nock-fit. Might not be the high-tech approach but it works like a charm.