Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne >

QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne

Old 04-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne

Ok, I can't complain at all, my bow shoots straight but I've been noticing some marks on the moleskin on the launcher of my QAD ultra rest where my vanes pass.
Could it be that the rest is too slow, I got it set up right and it drops like it should be.
I'm currently shooting 435gr arrows, 28 1/2" DL at 57#.
If so, would I need to go to a limbdriver to prevent this ?
I really like the QAD, it's easy, full containment and not too much strings and stuff.

F.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne

You can time to fall faster. Or stay up less. Or use the taller launcher. Are you using the LD version to make sure your not getting bounce back?

How many inches is it staying up now after release before it falls?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is NO WAY that it is the rests fault for clearance issues. That 430gr. arrow is probably traveling in the neighberhood of... 270-280fps which is no where near the speed that ive seen some qads being shot through.

I would suggest that you try and work with the qad and see what the deal is. It should have no problem at all dropping in time if set up correctly. Maybe give them a call and see what kind of advice they can give you.
Good luck

derek
Old 04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have setup a lot of QAD's and when they work, they are a nice rest if you prefer full containment.

The issues with clearance occur way to often to suit me and in a couple of cases I could not solve the problem. Even after talking to QAD they had No solution except to raise the nock point ridiculously high and jump the arrow over the rest.

No Thanks!

That's the reason I think the Limb Driver is the best dropaway on the market. No setup issues, No timing issues, and No resulting clearance issues. It simply works!

Dan
Old 04-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

How do you have the cord for the QAD attached ? I got rid of my QAD and installed a Drop Zone . I had it set up so the cord worked off the down cable . When I had the string and cable replaced , the shop tech put the cord through the cable slide . It worked tooooooooo slow so I got another cord and reattached it to the down cable . Problem solvrd for me !
Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love the Avatar Ed!!!

Derek
Old 04-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

Love the Avatar Ed!!!

Derek

"Hooolllyyyyy Jesus.... What is that? What the ----- is that? WHAT IS THAT PRIVATE PYLE? A JELLY DOUGHNUT? How did it get here? Is chow allowed in the barricks Private Pyle? Are you allowed to eat Jelly Doughnuts Private Pyle? And why is that Private Pyle? Because you are a DISGUSTING FAT BODY PRIVATE PYLE!"

Man the first time I saw that movie I dang near wet myself..... too funny.

The QAD is a great rest.... but I've come to the conclusion that if you don't spring for the Pro Series... you are pretty much setting yourself up for frustration. I've had to tinker a lot with the hunter models.... and trust me.... they get out of the way plenty fast enough.... but without the lock down feature found on the LD and HD models... you get bounce back... and you'll notice markings on the underside of you hen vanes as a result.

I've never had an issue with the LD or HD models, and I've set up dozens of them. I still hold, after using lots of different things, that the HD is the ultimate hunting drop away rest.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

I absolutly love my QAD on my General it has never failed on me and I have shot a ton of deer with it.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

ok, I jumped to conclusions. I need to check things first before posting threads.
I tought I had my vanes touching the launcher and leavin' some yellow colouring on the moleskin.
Actually the moleskin has cuts in it to ply around the bars of the launcher and my wraps which are also yellow leave yellow marks on the ends of the moleskin. So it's not the vanes touching the launcher that's toos slow.
I shot throught paper, used powderspray and It's OK.
So it's all good.

F.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I have setup a lot of QAD's and when they work, they are a nice rest if you prefer full containment.

The issues with clearance occur way to often to suit me and in a couple of cases I could not solve the problem. Even after talking to QAD they had No solution except to raise the nock point ridiculously high and jump the arrow over the rest.

No Thanks!

That's the reason I think the Limb Driver is the best dropaway on the market. No setup issues, No timing issues, and No resulting clearance issues. It simply works!

Dan
This is what exactly happened to me while dialing in my 82nd today. I'm hitting a little over 300fps with my 3d arrows. I wasn't getting the best of groups, and for once, it wasn't me. Lipstick on the blazers exposed the culprit-fletching contact. The only way I can alleviate it was by raising the nocking point really high. The chronograph showed that really was not the smartest thing in the world to do. I lost about 10fps. Come next paycheck, I might have to pick up a Limbdriver.

Quick Reply: QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.