Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne >

QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne

Old 05-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: QAD too slow for a 82nd airborne

i shoot a spot hog whammy and it works really well once u get the trick of adjusting it right. not a full containment rest but then the arrows sit really pretty secure between the long prongs. have had no contact even when using 5 inch helical fletches on my hunting arrows.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I have setup a lot of QAD's and when they work, they are a nice rest if you prefer full containment.

The issues with clearance occur way to often to suit me and in a couple of cases I could not solve the problem. Even after talking to QAD they had No solution except to raise the nock point ridiculously high and jump the arrow over the rest.

No Thanks!

That's the reason I think the Limb Driver is the best dropaway on the market. No setup issues, No timing issues, and No resulting clearance issues. It simply works!

Dan
This is what exactly happened to me while dialing in my 82nd today. I'm hitting a little over 300fps with my 3d arrows. I wasn't getting the best of groups, and for once, it wasn't me. Lipstick on the blazers exposed the culprit-fletching contact. The only way I can alleviate it was by raising the nocking point really high. The chronograph showed that really was not the smartest thing in the world to do. I lost about 10fps. Come next paycheck, I might have to pick up a Limbdriver.
Did you check the timing of the rest? How far after you hit full draw does it take to fall? Within 1" or less I hope? Have you tried to move your cable tie in down some more or move it up? Is it a HD LD model?

I guess I have been lucky. I have setup several of these critters, and having trouble understanding all the clearance issues. Everyone that has brought these to my house, they seem to be smacking the rest and having bounce back, or very improperly setup. But no-one seems to take the time to troubleshoot. 1/2 hour of looking for a problem, and its that simple.

I mean a compound is a very mechanical devise and has to be setup properly.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

To get the QAD to drop faster you have to adjust the cord. The instructions explain this. I have the cord as short as possible right below where the cables cross on my down cable and have no problems with the QAD at 315 or so when I put the hard cams on my Ally.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

I shot 305 fps and have only had problems when my rest was not timed properly... If it is installed properly I doubt it would be too slow.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the QAD to drop out of the way faster all you have to do is attach the cord further down the "downward cable". One or two inches can make a big difference.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

Dave, you look good with that beard. Makes you look smarter as well ....
Like I said, after looking at it for a while and using footspray, I concluded that the yellow marks were coming from my long wraps and not from the blazers.
I'm getting close to shooting 300 vegas style, last competition I shot 297.
And I set up my second Optix ME sight for FITA, 30, 70 and 90 meters.
So I'm not complaining at all here.....

Frank