Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 82nd Airborne or X-Force??? >

82nd Airborne or X-Force???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

82nd Airborne or X-Force???

Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 PM

Default 82nd Airborne or X-Force???

Hey everyone,

I have a Bowtech General and love it but I wanting to get a second bow and perfer something with a lot of speed...I was hoping to get some advice on which bow is faster and more forgiving??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 82nd Airborne or X-Force???

I can't speak on the X-force but I know at the shop where I work people give the 82nd Airborne Rave reviews. Not one person how has bought it has anything bad to say about it as it is both quiet, smooth and as we all know very, very fast.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:55 PM

thx a bunch
Old 10-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

They both are about dead even as far as speed goes. I think I would give the x force the edge as far as quietness but both are very close. The 08 82nd comes with better strings and cables than the 08x force, but for 09pse changes lots of things. They went with a suppressor, new cam, better strings and cables so it would be a tough call which one I would want. I would shoot both and see which one fits you better. I chose the 82nd over the x force but both bows are slightly different for 09 so shoot them and see which one you like better.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

I can't speak on the X-force but I know at the shop where I work people give the 82nd Airborne Rave reviews. Not one person how has bought it has anything bad to say about it as it is both quiet, smooth and as we all know very, very fast.
I have an 82nd and love it.....wouldn't trade it for any other bow, however, it is anything but smooth. It has a harsh draw cycle but after some practice, it's very easy to get use to.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:55 AM

Obviously I like the X Force since I have two of them. I've owned 18 bows and the X Forceis not only the fastest, it's also the most accurate in my hands.
The string / cableservings were junk (loose). I had to reserve them (both bows) soon after purchase.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think I would give the x force the edge as far as quietness but both are very close.
I'll put my 82nd up against any X Force in a noise rating.

I was told by many while shooting Harrisburg that my bow was the quietest on the line (from spectators) and they couldn't believe how it pounded targets.

On the line were Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtechs, PSE's and others. Most of them are all becoming faster all the while becoming quieter.

In my honest opinion, a 36" ATA can't really be apples to apples with the XForce, they are different bows. The fact that a 36" bow with adequate brace is getting such speeds in tremendous and I love my 82nd.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:55 PM

I would like to know what you guys are doing to quiet down your Airbornes. I thought that most that I had shot were pretty loud, especially the 101st. They have a loud metal thump sound at the end of the shot. I personally thought the X-Force was more quiet. The lack of valley on the old X-Forces takes getting used to. Do yourself a favor and try one of the new '09 X-Forces before you make your decision. The new ones are quiet, shock free, and have a nice valley and 80% letoff. They are more comfortable to hold and shoot IMO. I think I'll be getting a new Dream Season soon.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

X-Force over any Bowtech
Old 10-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Have you shot the Katera or Alphamax?
I ahd to get a Hoyt plug in

Quick Reply: 82nd Airborne or X-Force???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.