Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vapor Trail  strings? >

Vapor Trail strings?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vapor Trail strings?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Spike

Default Vapor Trail strings?

Hello,just wondering what anyone shootin with vapor trail strings and cables thought about em?I am currently shooting WC and they have been excellent but noticed that they were quite a bit pricier than vapor trail.Thinkin about tryin em when I replace mine this year.Are they as good in quality as WC?Any info would be appreciated.Hope everyones havin a great turkey season
Old 04-19-2009, 07:07 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Vapor Trail strings?

I love WC, but they are too pricey. I think VT are just as good.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Vaper Trial's are a great string... don't let the price fool you, I am shooting wc right now, but have had vaper trails and can't tell much of a difference. The wc might last a little longer, but not for the money. Will be going back to vt's when I need to replace because of price.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

I like my Vapor Trail strings, and the price from www.meanvarchery.com is extremely competitive.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BruceW63

I like my Vapor Trail strings, and the price from www.meanvarchery.com is extremely competitive.
X2
Old 04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

X2
I haven't tried Vapor Trail strings yet but MeanV is as competitive as they come with his pricing. He also carries a lot more items than are on his website, just send him a pm for a price and I bet it'll beat most other places. He ships quickly also.
(Hey Dan, am I close to getting my free window sticker yet?)
Old 04-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Spike

Thanks guys,I think im gonna give em a try.My WC string is great but i like the vapor trails price a little better
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

X3 This where I got mine.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

ORIGINAL: drockw

X2
I haven't tried Vapor Trail strings yet but MeanV is as competitive as they come with his pricing. He also carries a lot more items than are on his website, just send him a pm for a price and I bet it'll beat most other places. He ships quickly also.
(Hey Dan, am I close to getting my free window sticker yet?)
Free Window sticker? You dang sure are close!!

Thanks guys! I try to deliver what my customer wants as quickly as possible and priced as low as I can. I am adding goodies to the website weekly.

Also have 2 new models of MeanV Suppressors to be realeased soon. One to retrofit the Hoyts with the rear 5/16" rod and one to retro fit the BowTech/Diamonds with the 9/16" carbon rod.

Dan
Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

There shouldn't be any problems with Vapor Trail. They are as good as you'll find. Just don't buy into the idea that one string lasts longer or is more durable than another. The materials they are made from are pretty much identical no matter who makes them. A string made from BCY 8125 is the same no matter who puts it together. Same can be said for 452X or any other material. How the string is made will determine how stable it is during it's useable lifetime, but how long it lasts should be about the same. You just have to take care of them.