Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 VAPOR TRAIL STRINGS >

VAPOR TRAIL STRINGS

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

VAPOR TRAIL STRINGS

Old 02-05-2005, 06:00 PM

Default VAPOR TRAIL STRINGS

Im looking to get new strings and cables for my switchback. Was going to get winners choice but I have heard that they are not the best for a mathews bow with the roller gaurd. somebody told me about Vapor trail and I just wanted to know if anybody has heard of them and has used them.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VAPOR TRAIL STRINGS

I've put them on 2 bows and been very happy with them. They are well made with little to no creep. I just put a set on a Hoyt Super Tech and after geting them all twisted back to specs, went from 314 to 323 with a 360 gr arrow at 70/30". The price for all 3 strings was $79.

When my Allegiance come in I'm definitely going to see if they improve its performance as well.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

500fps.. I doubt that you see much gain on the Allegiance.. since the stock strings are Vapor Trails for the most part...
Old 02-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know if Bowtech is using the new VTX strings or not though. I think Bowtech is using TS1. You are probably right though; there is little room for improvement on the Bowtech strings. Hoyt's on the other hand.......well let's just say the VTX were a nice improvement.

I haven't heard what the diferenc in the VTX and TS1 is (if there is any).
Old 02-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah.. I'm not sure if VTX is the material or just what Vapor Trail is calling their strings. I'd think if VTX was a new material that it'd be all over the net alreay like TS1 was last year. But I'm not for sure. Yeah Hoyt stock strings are pretty bad.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone replaced zebra strings with these?I'm just wondering about the length of the string--if it would be the same or a little shorter than the zebra due to the difference in string diameter.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:23 PM

The VTX is a new material from Vapor.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:42 PM

i doubt it's a new material rutting, if you do some researching they are all made out of the same thing, or things, just about.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

bump
Old 02-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive used vapor trail strings for awhile now , great product . I have replaced zebra strings with them , and would not worry about the diferance in string diamiter , as the last zebra string had stretched over 3/4 of an inch out of spec , and theres no way diamiter will make that much diferance .

Quick Reply: VAPOR TRAIL STRINGS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.