Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 vapor trail strings >

vapor trail strings

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

vapor trail strings

Old 03-30-2005, 06:01 PM

Default vapor trail strings

Frist of all I hate to talk bad about anything or anybody but I have to vent. I was looking for a new set of strings for my conquest 3 and somebody told me about the VP. strings and how good they are and the price was so much cheaper then winners choice,and they were. And that they have no pep twist so I bought some. When I got them they looked like a well made string. They went right on the size was right and the bow tune with no effert. So I went to sight it in. Thats when the problems started I had a hell of a time keeping the pep from not turning. I would get it striaght and 20 shoots later it was turned again. finally to night and 200 shoots later I got it straght. I took the string off and remessured it the string had streached 3/8 of a inch. So I got it were its supposed to be. Got the pep right and went to shoot it. The pep,timing, brace height and the ata was perfect. And I was finally happy again. Until the last few shots the son - of-a- @#$%@ moved again. Has any body had this problem?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: vapor trail strings

Not at all. I have 2000 plus shots on my VTX material VT string and cable, and it hasn't stretched at all since the second it was put on the bow. There wasn't even the traditional break in period. Honestly this is the first I have heard of this with VT and I would call them immediately and let them know about the problem, their customer service is excellent and I am sure they will make the problem right. There are guys on archerytalk.com that have had the VTX material Vapor Trail strings on their bows for over a year now with no stretch at all.

Is the material VTX?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:55 AM

rick, you sure. ata? bh? all strings will settle a bit. vectran in the string stops the creep, but even 452x will stretch a little. if vtx had enough vectran to stop all stretch you would be hearing about catastrophic failure. while all the stretch may have been pre-stretched out of it, it will take a little for your bow to get it to reach that point. vtx is nothing new, its just a little bit of a different combination of materials. your cable guard squishing your string and cable together so nicely will cause a little settle. the times i thought my WC, or VT, or prostrings didn't stretch at all, it was that they did it in harmony and my ata and bh had changed a bit, but i was still timed.

but it sounds like you may need to give them a call. its the first issue i've heard, and that's pretty darn good. it will probably quit, but really, not everything comes out perfect every time and they seem like a company doing their best to put out a quality product. i make strings and cables, so i don't buy the hype. i know what goes into it. but i do believe from hearing a lot from satisfied customers of vt that they make a great product. give them a call, explain the situation, but be polite, and i'm sure they'll take great care of you.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

rick, you sure. ata? bh? all strings will settle a bit. vectran in the string stops the creep, but even 452x will stretch a little. if vtx had enough vectran to stop all stretch you would be hearing about catastrophic failure. while all the stretch may have been pre-stretched out of it, it will take a little for your bow to get it to reach that point. vtx is nothing new, its just a little bit of a different combination of materials. your cable guard squishing your string and cable together so nicely will cause a little settle. the times i thought my WC, or VT, or prostrings didn't stretch at all, it was that they did it in harmony and my ata and bh had changed a bit, but i was still timed.
In all honesty, my ATA is still 33" dead on, my brace height is still 7 1/8". There may have been some sort of stretch, but it is unnoticable to me so far and the peep hasn't turned on me a bit.

I did cycle the bow without letting go about 25 times before I put the peep in and before I measured any of the specs.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:17 AM

i cycle it a lot myself when i put mine on. it definately helps get them settled. i change my cables first and if they look 2 twists tight before doing anything they usually end up right on until 100-200 shots and then need another twist.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I have had no problems with my strings at all. Call VaporTrail and Steve will make it right for you 763-862-8870.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

What uphunter said .
Old 04-07-2005, 04:52 PM

I called VP and they are going to send me a new string. There costmer service seems to be very good.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Their customer service is top notch. They will do what they can to get it right for you. Good luck
Old 04-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would add that Ive been using these strings for a couple years now , on several bows , and have nothing but good things to say about them , great product . There are some so called "custom" string makers out there that put out junk so buyer be where . uphunter , you must have been one of the few that got a bad string , could have been a defect in material . I'm glad they are making it right for you , suspected they would . It just gives me more confidence in vapor trail .

Quick Reply: vapor trail strings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.