Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Just Wanted to Take A Minute And... >

Just Wanted to Take A Minute And...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Just Wanted to Take A Minute And...

Old 03-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Just Wanted to Take A Minute And...

Thank everyone here in the Technical Fourm for all that you do to help others in their set-ups. In particular, thanks to Greg M/O and MeanV for your help and advice. I set up my new Nitrous using Greg's advice re: D-loops, etc, and although I haven't done any paper-tuning yet, I was touching arrows at 20 yards with the first five shots. Mean V's recommendation on the limb-driver rest was also spot-on.Very easy to set up, and save for a little mole-skin I need for silencing, it's a damn good rest. I'll try to get some pics of her up for you all. I will admit that I bought this bow sight-unseen, and having never shot one. I know that goes against the norm, but with no good shops around me that allow "test drives," I had to go with the feed-back I've read on these fourms. What I ended up with is a great bow at a great price, that I'm sure will be the demise of many-a-whitetail. Thanks again.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Just Wanted to Take A Minute And...

Glad to read it's a success so far. You'll soon have those "not many" shots behind you, and the initial stretch should be gone from the string.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 PM

I agree I have learned alot from this site from both Greg and Dan as well as many others...thanks for the knowledge.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think their are many on this forum that are full of knowledge! TFOX and SwamCollie and JeffB(great reviews)are anotherfew that I would add along with Dan and Greg. There is a very knowledgeable small group here and most of the time, if you post in the technical forum, you will get good advice. I cant say the same for other sites[:-]

Derek