Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 I just wanted to take a minute... >

I just wanted to take a minute...

Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

I just wanted to take a minute...

Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 AM

Default I just wanted to take a minute...

to say how much fun this sport is. I have been shooting for right at a year now and I have been so very impressed with the quality and helpfulness of the people that I have encountered. In the world that surounds us all now-a-days it is sometimes hard to remember that the world has a lot of really great people in it. I always come away from these shoots havng met new people and feeling better for having met them. I am no great shot and I have a lot to learn about yardage estimating but I have a great time trying.

I also bring mykids to the events and they too have a blast. My 8 yr old son in particular loves to shoot. Everyone always helps make him feel good about himself and his shots. People really go out of their way to be supportive and helpful. My son always wakes up on the mornings when we have a shoot absolutely fired up to get going. He enjoys the shoots and the practice getting ready. All of ya'll help make that possible by being great ambassadors for the sport. We can be competitive and supportive all at the same time. We all can celebrate someones successes or cringe when we hear a tink-shhh-thunk and then help them find the arrow.

Again, I just felt that I needed to thank you all and I can only hope that my kids and I can follow the great example that you all set. I look forward to meeting you all. And more importantly,a Special Thanks to all of you that help put these events together. I know it takes a great deal of time and energy but it is well worth the effort. Many people get a lot more than 40 shots out of a event.

Thanks again ---

Bob Bean
Evan Bean

Old 04-25-2006, 02:23 PM

Default RE: I just wanted to take a minute...

Thank you Bob. Looking intothe excited eyes of a 8 year oldmakes it worth while! You can tell he is happy to be shooting his bow and being around folks whoshare that feeling.....that's what itis all about!
We look forward to seeing you and Evanat the "World"!

Judy