Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need some advice on arrow selection >

Need some advice on arrow selection

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need some advice on arrow selection

Old 03-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need some advice on arrow selection

Alright guys, ive got $100 to spend on some new arrows. These will be for 3d and hunting. Also if you could help me with spine that would be great. Bowtech 101st, 60#(thats not exact, the bow is maxed out) 29" draw, 100gr tip, and im not sure how long to get them cut so if someone could help me out with that, that would be great. So thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need some advice on arrow selection

Actually lets just say price dosent matter for now
Old 03-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you looking for speed?" Ultimate speed?

Vanes? feathers?

Most likely your best buys for $100 (shaftts) will be Beman ICSH Elites or Carbon Tech "standard" series (i.e. Not the XP series)

If money is not a big deal you cannot beat Carbon tech XP series, Easton A/C/Cs and it's looking like the Carbon Express Maxima 3D Selects are at the very top these days as well.

FWIW- I'm extremely impressed how CX has stepped it up in the few years I've been out of archery- and NONE of the other manufacturers (USA or otherwise) have done the same..it's the SOS (and they ALL have room for big improvements)

Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Are you looking for speed?" Ultimate speed?

Vanes? feathers?

Most likely your best buys for $100 (shaftts) will be Beman ICSH Elites or Carbon Tech "standard" series (i.e. Not the XP series)

If money is not a big deal you cannot beat Carbon tech XP series, Easton A/C/Cs and it's looking like the Carbon Express Maxima 3D Selects are at the very top these days as well.

FWIW- I'm extremely impressed how CX has stepped it up in the few years I've been out of archery- and NONE of the other manufacturers (USA or otherwise) have done the same..it's the SOS (and they ALL have room for big improvements)
Thanks for the reply Jeff. To be honest with you im not exactly sure what i want. I guess im wanting some speed for 3d but i also want a decent amount of KE for hunting.

The CX maxmias really cought my eye. Like i said before im not sure how long to get them cut, but im guessing ill need a 250 spine?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

At your draw length I'd def step up to the 350s- You've got a smoking fast bow, with some serious energy/efficiency- I think the 250s would be underspined unless you were cutting them pretty short (27 or less).

Old 03-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, i think ill just have them cut 29", thats what i have now and they work fine. Can you give me a ball park figure on how much they will weigh if i go with the maxmias? Also i think im gonna give rayzr feathers a try.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Maxima 3D Select 350s are 28" of shaft with the bulldogs, TCX nocks, insert, (3) Blazers and 100 grain points- they all register at 375 grains give or take a few tenths, on the digital scale.