Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight Help PLZ!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Spike

Default Sight Help PLZ!

Hello everyone, I need some help please. I'm looking at buying a new sight for my bow. I’ve noticed that as I get older, my eyes have gotten weaker, go figure/LOL...Anyway, I've been looking around on the net and other places and there are a lot of them out there. I want something bright and good/tuff that will last for a while. Some that I've seen are Vital Bow gear, Flashpoint, Cobra and Tru Glow another one was Sword. Can ya'll please help me....Confused!!!! confused: [/align]
Old 01-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sight Help PLZ!

Stop in a shop and have them put a couple on your bow and see what you think of them. I have a Cobra and a Sword, both with .019 pins, and they are the best of both worlds, bright enough you can see them ok in low light, but not so bright that they "halo." I noticed my shooting tightened up as well switching to .019 pins from a .029 pins. There are LOTS of good sights, you have to decide which you personally like best.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Spike

Thank youfor the help...
Old 01-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

I chose the flashpoint after looking at sights I loved the brightness of the pins and the fact that they were not to bright because the light intake was controlled by the photo chromatic lens over the fiber optics. I was able to look at one that a guy had put on his bow that was at the bow shop when I was he loved the sight. I just looked at the web page for flashpoint and they came out with a new sight called the ignite which has the photo chromatic feature but also has micro adjustment capabilities if that is something you would like. But you really need to just get out and look around at sights and choose the one you like best.