Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep site won't spin, any advice? >

Peep site won't spin, any advice?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep site won't spin, any advice?

Old 12-24-2008, 06:45 AM
Spike

Default Peep site won't spin, any advice?

New bowand I am just getting back into shooting after 15+ years.
So when I draw the bow back the peep spins but not to the correct place.
When I set up at the store it was on.
I've heard a couple things:
New string which after shooting stretches.
May need to unstring the bow and spin the string so the peep lines up again.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep site won't spin, any advice?

Move string loop around to where when you draw the bow it comes in line.Is that clear as mud?
Old 12-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

all u need to do is have them turn the pep for u. put it in a press and turn it or they make a tool that will split the string for u. just bring it to ur proshop tell them and the well fix it.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

twist the d-loop but hold the string in position while you do it..
Old 12-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

twist the d-loop but hold the string in position while you do it..
Thats a half arsed way of fixing it. It will work, but there are better ways. Take it to a shop and have them redo it for you.
Derek
Old 12-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK so your string has settled in some during it's initial breakin period. The peep roated out of it;s original position. My question is this. Does the peep rotate at all? If not then this is a good thing. It shows the string is stabilized finally. Now do as recommended and take it to the shop and have them twist the string and or reposition the peep so it's facing straight back. Then do the same thing with your loop if you use one.

The worst thing you can do is use the loop to turn your peep. This not what a loop is for. It can be of some help if the peep is only off about 10-15 degrees, but what about if the peep were facing 180 degrees the other way? What are you going to do? Turn the loop 180 degrees? That would be stupid. The loop is supposed to face backwards so you can hook up to it. This might be an extreme example, but I'm just trying to be clear about what the primarypurpose of a loop is.

Using a loop gets explained a lot, too, like people assume because they use a loop that everybody does. Not always so.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Spike

so far sounds like all good advice by everyone but i would add one thing. if the bow/string is brand new. before taking it to the pro shop i would at least shoot 200 arrows through it to settle everything in. if the peep bothers you right now. just turn the peep by hand just before you draw back to shoot. if you take it to the pro shop now, you may end up with the same problem a couple hundred shots down the road due to twisting and stretching.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

I would take it back and have them adjust it for you
Old 12-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem after recently putting on a new string. What appears to have fixed the issue (say appears becuase I just made the change last week), was put the bow in a press and back the string off a half a turn. Seems to line up great now.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

I had that happen also . I placed my fingers on the bow to draw it back but rolled the string in my fingers first . I pulled the string back and let it bacck down . I had to do this twice to get it right . It has stayed that way since then and hasn't shifted . Works for me ............

Quick Reply: Peep site won't spin, any advice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.