Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 whisker biscuit vs. fall away? >

whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Old 11-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

yeah what bow would you reccommedn next for me? keep in mind im buying a truck in a few months
Old 11-21-2008, 05:09 PM

That is very tough to recommend only one bow, but if I had to recommend one, it would be the black ice by diamond. It is smooth as silk.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:19 PM

Worth every penny.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

how much it run for? any other good bows?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:12 PM

I don't think that they changed it very much if at all the past few years, so what I would do is shoot it at your local shop, or bass pro and then buy a used one on ebay. Bass pro is selling it for $650 new, but you could probably get one on ebay for $550 or less. That is the price range of the next level of bow ($500-$650). The Black ice is IMO the best mid range bow on the market. With an 7.5" brace height, it is super forgiving and smooth, but you also get a decently fast IBO of 318 fps, which is 18 fps faster than your lights out's IBO. The brace height on the Lights Out is 8.75 inches, so the transition to the 7.5" brace height of the black ice will not be too difficult. Plus, Mossberghunter93 will be probably die of jealousy.

This is the link to the Diamond Black Ice.

Remember, this is no guarantee that you will like this bow, but If all the mid range bows were on a roulette wheel, I'd put my money on the Black Ice. Check it out.

Thebrace heightis actually, 7.5" not 8.5" on the black ice. My bad.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I don't think that they changed it very much if at all the past few years, so what I would do is shoot it at your local shop, or bass pro and then buy a used one on ebay. Bass pro is selling it for $650 new, but you could probably get one on ebay for $550 or less. That is the price range of the next level of bow ($500-$650). The Black ice is IMO the best mid range bow on the market. With an 8.5" brace height, it is super forgiving and smooth, but you also get a decently fast IBO of 318 fps, which is 18 fps faster than your lights out's IBO. The brace height on the Lights Out is 8.75 inches, so the transition to the 8.5" brace height of the black ice will be easy. Plus, Mossberghunter93 will be probably die of jealousy.

This is the link to the Diamond Black Ice.

Remember, this is no guarantee that you will like this bow, but If all the mid range bows were on a roulette wheel, I'd put my money on the Black Ice. Check it out.
yeah i would bet that the black ice would be smooth because the justice, and the rock were very smooth when i tested them out. why dont they make the justice anymore?
Old 11-22-2008, 09:57 AM

The stud replaced it.