Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 whisker biscuit vs. fall away? >

whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:33 PM

Default RE: whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Jees! If you're paying $200 to gain 10 fps, I wonder if I can get paid $200 for dropping that much off my DXT?I'm actually building a heavier string right now to slow it down, gain some stability, quiet it and gain more durability out of it (UltraCam material instead of that crap Zebra string).
Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 PM

I tried Zebra on one of my old Hoyts. It is absolute garbage.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 PM

BTY, it's about $100 for the tune. I need new stings and cables because I made the mistake of waxing them in an old cloth chair. The chair fibers got into the wax and have pretty much ruined the strings.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ur just getting the camo for kicks? isnt your bow already in camo? if u want speed get the pse x force
Old 11-21-2008, 04:14 PM

Yes, it is already camo, but the accessories are not. Imagine every inch of my setup in Mossy Oak Obsession.

I shot the x force and liked the 82nd better. That is why I say that you need to shoot everything before you buy. You can't just look at the stats and assume that you will like the way it shoots. That would be stupid.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Yes, it is already camo, but the accessories are not. Imagine every inch of my setup in Mossy Oak Obsession.

I shot the x force and liked the 82nd better. That is why I say that you need to shoot everything before you buy. You can't just look at the stats and assume that you will like the way it shoots. That would be stupid.
i know i wanted the pse whitetail obsession but i tried lots of bows and like lights out and diamond justice best. and lights out was cheaper
Old 11-21-2008, 04:36 PM

The lights out is the best starter bow hands down IMO.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:45 PM

I really don't know how you can compare them. They are totally deferent rest and work in deferent ways. It just depends how good you want to shoot. No rest under the arrow on the shotwill be the best rest. That way there isno interference with the arrow, no pivot pointand the movement of the riser will have no effect on the arrow to make a bad shot.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

I really don't know how you can compare them. They are totally deferent rest and work in deferent ways. It just depends how good you want to shoot. No rest under the arrow on the shotwill be the best rest. That way there isno interference with the arrow, no pivot pointand the movement of the riser will have no effect on the arrow to make a bad shot.
yeah i figured out im sticking with my WB,. thanks for the info

blackl stick why would you say the luights out is good starter bow?
Old 11-21-2008, 04:51 PM

Because It is inexpensive and has amazing feel and performance for that price. Any beginner would be more than able to have a successful hunt with it.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.