Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 F@#$@n whisker biscuit >

F@#$@n whisker biscuit

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

F@#$@n whisker biscuit

Old 10-08-2008, 06:17 PM

Default RE: F@#$@n whisker biscuit

ORIGINAL: CHAMP198

i got a WB on my old bow and my nephew has one on his for 5 years...and its never done that....dont sound to me like the shop thats fletching them knows what they are doing......when i do mine i take off all of the old fletching and glue....take a small piece of scotch brite and scuff up the area that the fletchings are going on...clean it with 91% Alchol....then fletch them up....and you have to put a drop of glue on the front of the vane or its gonna come off....i put one on the front and back..might be a little much but i havent ever had one come off yet
i never had a problem before, with my old bow, but i got a new one and went with blazers, from 4in duravanes, and like the 3rd round of shooting all i heard was this phwlwlwllwlw noise. i might have to try the super glue at the ends, andi am square verticaly and the shop man said i was so close to square left to right, that if he tried to fix it i would more unsquare then before.

ohh and in order to get fletching clearance i have to come extremly close to the black whiskers.

And i was told by the shop tech that his bow which is the same as mine ended up melt the bristles on his hostage.

1 mor this my loop nock slid up yesterday and had to get resquared, frigin winners choice strings, or that old guy at a different shop

Old 10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Get you one of the Hostage rests. Then you have no fletch contact and your arrow can't get knocked off either. I don't see how the WB sells like it does when you can avoid all the problems and contact but still get all the advantages with the Hostage.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

I just put the QAD Pro Rest and like it!
I hear that this rest is not a fast enough drop away.
The rest has no spring adjustment.
A Spot Hogg Infinity from Obsession For $79.00 might be better, but i love this Q A D!