Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker Biscuit

Old 09-10-2003, 02:37 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit

I am thinking about buying a Whisker Biscuit and I was wonder if they tear the fletchings on the arrows alot.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:35 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit

NO!! Not if you use the recommended fletches by CAP. AAE and Bohning vanes buzz right through it with no problems. All my arrows now have over 100 passes through the WB without any signs of problems.

BTW, slightly wavey vanes on the tips really have no effects on accuracy IMHO. I have plenty of arrows that are used for my other bow with wavey veins from target pass-throughs. They group just fine.

I have no direct experience with the WB and feathers, but I here they wear a bit on the tips but that wear stops and they still shoot fine.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:14 PM

i love the rest, i least have shot 50 or more times thru it, no ware on the vanes , shootin good groups .shoot alumminum arrows with helical vanes. if i was you i would buy one.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot a Bow Tech vft with a whisker bisket and I thought it was great speacialy for hunting no problem' s with the arrow dropping off the rest.

Nubo
Old 09-11-2003, 09:05 AM

I havent gotten any wear on my fletching with one. I like it alot.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Regular fletching will show some good wear during the initial breaking in period of the Wisker Bisquit, but after that you won' t see much. I just get a little bit of black markings right on the outer edge of the fletching now, no crinkly warped veins.

Another thing to think about is that some carbon arrows hold fletchings better than others.

For instance: I shoot Beman ICS Hunter 400 carbon arrows. Alot of people agree with me that for some reason these arrows do not hold fletchings well. So what did I do? Well, I went and put on arrow wraps, then put the fletchings on. I haven' t had one come off yet and i' ve been shooting a ton.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

whisker bisquit is a great hunting rest. i' ve been shooting a lot and have absolutely no problem with the rest. it is chewing up my fletchings though. i don' t know what kind of fletchings the shop put on my arrows when i bought them but i had them refletched this week and they charged me $1.00 a fletching. i told him he was like jesse james without the gun with those prices. i purchased a bitzenburger jig and now i will do my own for pennies. i bought duravanes. anybody ever use these through a bisquit and how do they hold up? any suggestions on other fletchings. try the bisquit. it really is a great rest.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have some arrows that I got with Duravanes on them. They seem to work very well with the rest, little or no wear.

I also had some Bohning vanes around, and refletched several other arrows with them. They are heavier and stiffer than the Duravanes, but they do hold up well.

When I buy new vanes for refletching, I think it will be Duravanes.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:19 AM

I use it and love it. I have had absolutely no problems at all with it.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had some problems with vanes peeling off, but it turns out I got a bad batch of arrows, Have had no problems since getting new arrows (PSE Dominators) but I did a little modifying.
Using a fingernail scissors I trimmed some of the bristles where my fletchings pass through (be careful, and with your nock on the string push forward and mark where each vane passes through the Biscuit). I still have some contact but I think it is very minimal. I really like the Biscuit and all but one of my bowhunting buddies are using them.