Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hoyt,sierra tec. opinions please >

Hoyt,sierra tec. opinions please

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt,sierra tec. opinions please

Old 03-20-2003, 01:50 PM

Default Hoyt,sierra tec. opinions please

I am very interested in purchasing a new bow for my wife. She is an experienced shooter and we both like what we have read on the Hoyt cam & 1/2 system. I went back a few pages and saw no posts on this bow so help, please.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:25 PM

Default RE: Hoyt,sierra tec. opinions please

I bought a serria tec about a month and a half ago, as I wanted a 50-60 lb bow. I must say for a medium priced bow it is a good shooter. I am jsut as accurate with it as any other. I like the draw cycle which is a bit smoother than my havotec with a varsacam.. I can' t find anything to complain about with the bow. I wasn' t sure about the 200 limbs but they work well. The bow is quiet and shock free. I get 280 feet per second with it using an arrow that weights 252 grains and the bow is set at 51 lbs right now. The only down side shooting that light is the arrow drop that happens between 35 and 40 yards, but I expected that with an arrow that light. I plan to hunt with it this coming season but I will turn the lbs up and use a heavier arrow. For the money it is hard to beat
Old 03-20-2003, 05:24 PM

Thanks, we are really leaning that way. It just sounds like it should be a good shooting bow. She took a fall a year ago and tore up her rotator cuff and even though she still shoots well she had to back off her draw weight and I thought perhaps with the spiral cam & 1/2 it may make up some of what she lost. Thanks again.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:17 AM

hafa8pt, I might be mistaken, but I don' t think the spiral cam 1/2 is offered on the sierratec. Besides that, has your wife drawn back a spiral cam? Thats a rough son of a gun! Might be a little to much with a bad rotator cuff. Just something you might want to consider.
My wifes sierratec is on order right now. Camo isn' t that hard to come by, but the flag bow has been on order for over 5 weeks now. But she doesn' t hunt (just shoots tournys). And that' s what she wanted.
Good luck with what you decide.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:51 AM

micah, thanks for the input. I just checked hoyt' s web site and I don' t see the spiral cam available for the sierra tec. That' s ok, we have not found one in our area yet but one of the pro shops will order it and let her try it. She shoots right handed and broke her left rotator cuff helping me remodel our bathroom. [X(] I guess it could have been worse, interestingly she has no interest in hunting but is a 3-D nut.