Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 what's the deal with my new Arrows??????? >

what's the deal with my new Arrows???????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what's the deal with my new Arrows???????

Old 09-22-2008, 02:38 PM

Default what's the deal with my new Arrows???????

Beenshooting Blue Jacket #230 for the past 5 years,They havealways been tack driving machines, with 1" groups out to 40 yardswith both eyes closed. Well about a month ago I invested in what the local bowshop and just about every bow magizine out there recommends. bought a dozen Carbon Express Maxima Hunters #350. I gotta tell you I am not impressed. Not only do they shoot all over the target the penetration is half what I was getting with my Blue jackets. Also getting quite a bit more fish tailing in flight then I've ever seen before with a carbon arrow. So whats my problem guy's? I understand the size (surface area) is bigger on the maxima wich may explain the penetration issue, but why such lousy accurasy. Been bow hunting for over 30 years now and have never had arrows shoot so baddly!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what's the deal with my new Arrows???????

Not sure, too many variables, is your bow in tune? Is there a fletching issue? Get a bad batch? Im sure after the money you spent on these you want some answers, i would say go talk to a pro at the bow shop and see what they say.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:49 PM

Al if I shoot my Blue jackets they shoot like they always have super groups. So the bow is fine. I relized that there was going to be some tuning issues with the different arrows, but i thought they would still shoot consistant groups and all I would need to do is adjust my sights to dial them in. And your right about the price after taking out a 2nd mortgage on the house I would have expected more.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

I use the Carbon Express CXL 350's which I don't believe they make any longer. The only issue I can see with what you brought up would be in the spine of those shafts. Other than that I couldn't begin to figure it out.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blue jacket arrows? Never heard of them.

You can tune a bow to shoot an arrow but that doesn't mean any arrow will work there after. What's the specs of the 2? Are they the same? if not there's your answer.

Maxima's are n ok arrow. I wont buy anymore though.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

Tune your bow to the new arrows