Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Impact of Target with Nock Right of Point??? >

Impact of Target with Nock Right of Point???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Impact of Target with Nock Right of Point???

Old 09-05-2008, 06:04 PM

Default Impact of Target with Nock Right of Point???

Okay...I need some help.

I shoot an '07 Bowtech Guardian. No matter what I do I get slightly angled impact...nock is to the right of the arrow tip. I need to try and get better flight. I am accurate and group up arrows, they are all just angled slightly upon impact. Anything anyone can suggest me fiddle with would be much appreciated.

What I have done thus far:

Played with the rest: centershot both left and right...this simply moves the arrow to the left or right of the bullseye, thought maybe at full draw I was off...same impact.

Changed rests: from spot hogg whammy to WB. Still same impact. I thought I was having contact, but I no longer believe this is the case.

Checked for riser clearance...good.

Tried every grip under the sun, as well as intentionally torquing the bow to left and right....same impact.

I put new strings on, so I took them off and checked them to ensure cables were equal tension, and tried twisting onetwist at atime. Seems okay there.

I have tried various arrows of different spine and brand...same impact?

Took off nock ties, replaced, tried nock metal buttons...thought it may be nock pinch.

Please Help,

Sean

Old 09-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Impact of Target with Nock Right of Point???

I would not be too worried if the arrow flight is good.

Most arrows will kick either left or right when they come to a sudden stop in a target

The extra energy has to go somewhere and seeing the front end is stopped, the back end will kick out
Old 09-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you Russ! Mine do that and then I would walk down to the target and noticed the bag set at a angle that had something to do with it! I would reposition the target at a little different angle and impact would change angle of stopped arrow...if I can group and consistantly hit I call it good practice session!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 PM

I just had my girl stand over me while I was kneeling and she said it looked like the arrow was torqued...tip pointing left. I told her to line the arrow with the string. She said it was slightly angled to the left.

So now I am taking pics of my form and trying to get it worked out...Any Ideas on how to untorque my grip? I have read and tried various grips and seems the bow just keeps torqued with the tip pointing too far left. I guess that is called torquing it to the right (arrow pointing left), which may indicate may a slightly short draw length? I don't think that is the issue...probably more so form and grip.

Thanks for any help/ideas!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:53 PM

are you right or left handed? are you right or left eye dominant? having trouble with this issue myself.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 09-05-2008, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: s.t.fanatic

are you right or left handed? are you right or left eye dominant? having trouble with this issue myself.
I'm RH and Right Eye dominant.

Kanga...I read that thread and do grip exactly like that.

After looking at several photos I realized at really was leaning back past the waist. As I leaned forward a bit more it seemed to help. Never seemed to have an issue with this before, so it's a little odd. But I think in the process of leaning back too far I was pulling my trigger hand out torquing the string...not the grip