Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

point of impact

Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 AM

Default point of impact

hey guys i havnt been on in awhile, but i was having some problems with my bow when ever i shoot on a slight angle my groups moving all the way to the left. is that normal? the only thing i can think of is that my helical blazers are doing it or it is just me. (cause i havnt shot in about a month).
thanks.
O by the way when i shoot straight at my target i am shooting perfect.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: point of impact

I assume your talking about shooting at the target at an angle and not canting your bow. If that's the case, holding your bow vertical, there should be absolutely no difference.
Now if you're canting your bow, yes there will be a different POI.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:19 AM

i am not canting my bow, i am shooting just like i always do, i am thinking it is me cause i am just getting over the flu and i think i am not concentrating.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 AM

If you're right handed and your form collapses through the shot you'll drop your shots off to the left. It's not an uncommon problem for shooting downhill. To overcome it you need to draw and aim straight out then bend at the waist to get the bow on target, maintain that same "T" form with your shoulders as you bend at the waist and pull/push through the shot.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

And unless you have a level on your bow, you might not even know you are canting. Everyone without a level usually cants their bow downhill. But your groups will usually move to your downhill side. You'll solve your issue if you lean your bow into the hill slightly. Just a thought, otherwise it just might be you.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you havent shot for about a month and are getting over the flu like you said then Im sure your form isnt at its best. Id say most likely its your form, shooting at a slight angle shouldnt change your impact for left and right at all.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:29 PM

i do have a level and i think it is me with my follow through with the shotlike kodiakarcher said.
thanks for the input guys.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your 3rd axis is probably not set and the level is lying to you.

You really need to get it set PROPERLY and you do not need a sight with 3rd axis adjustment to do it but it is easier.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2282390
Old 01-09-2008, 06:48 AM

ok so my level might be lying to me. i will check that out. can i visually tell?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

ok so my level might be lying to me. i will check that out. can i visually tell?
You could put a level on the string with the bow standing upright. The level on your sight should agree with the one on the string.

Quick Reply: point of impact

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.