Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Cable contact with Blazer Vanes >

Cable contact with Blazer Vanes

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable contact with Blazer Vanes

Old 09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Spike

Default Cable contact with Blazer Vanes

Hi Y'all!
If it aint broke don't fix it! Well I couldn't resist. I've been shooting the set-up on my bow for about 7 years now and couldn't ask for better accuracy but decided to try and get quieter. I was shooting a NAP quick tune Tm Hunter prong style and felt like it was making too much noise so I bought a Whisker Biscuit and refletched all my arrows with 2" Blazer vanes. Well things got louder and I discovered I'm getting contact with my cables, not to mention my groups aren't as tight as they were. I can only rotate the nock so far before I'm not in proper alignment to shoot through the W.B. I'm going toput on an Alpine slide regardless, but was wondering if I can put on an after-market offset cable guide on my Browning Mirage SX which has a lower mounted, straight cable guide. Or will that put too much stress on the cables and make things squirrely? I like the Blazers and want to keep shooting them but I'm not sold on the Whisker Biscuit. I'm considering swapping it for a G5 Expert II drop away, which I could rotate the nock and get clearance. Any thoughts?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cable contact with Blazer Vanes

sounds like your centershot is way out of wack.. but i had the same problem on my reflex buckskin for the longest time.. i ended up having to use an offset guide and retune 3/4" centershot from the rizer..

make sure your cables are situation on the slider properly. not sure with your bow but most of them they should cross below the guide...

double check your centershot .. make sure its the same as it was with the old rest.

the bad thing about the whisker biscuit is if you dont have close to perfect form, any flinch or error in followthrough after the shot transmits into the arrow since is a fully captive sytle rest... WB's are not as forgiving as a drop away style rest..