Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Diamond Edge draw weight, should 50#= 50#? >

Diamond Edge draw weight, should 50#= 50#?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Edge draw weight, should 50#= 50#?

Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diamond Edge draw weight, should 50#= 50#?

ORIGINAL: FlAllyGuy

The guy I do just abot all of my business with said sometime the bows will come in either light or heavy. I just bought a Darton bow for my son and was going to get a 60# so I could crank it down and put him at 50. He was shooting 45 with his old bow. The guy called me and told me he had a light 70# bow that only turns up to 67#. Darton says not to turn the limb bolts out more than 5 turns which turned out to be perfect. At about 3 pounds per turn, the bow is down to 52 pounds. Thats great for me cause this bow will take my son well into the time he can afford to buy hisown the next time. I am still really new to this archery stuff so take it fo what it is worth. Just offering my 2 cents. But IMO 6 pounds I would think would be a little much.
Could be me, but I'm not real sure a companies ENGINEERING and QA DEPT's are doing their job very well if they're putting out bows that don't meet specifications right out of the box. Sorry, but IF that were my profession, people's lives are endangered, I know it's not life-threatening, but it's also NOT McDonald's either.

Maybe I'm naive, but my last 4 bows all drew OVER the 70# they were supposed to max out at, which I would think should be much more ACCEPTABLE than falling short. Maybe a dealer or someone with more experience can chime in and correct/educate me.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try a different scale, my buddy bought one that read 57# when the bow was set at 70#.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

My '08 Pearson has 70# limbs on it and it maxes out at 74........I called the company and they say its normal...but I don't think its normal if it doesn't met specs