Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How to tell you may need to shoot spots! >

How to tell you may need to shoot spots!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to tell you may need to shoot spots!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How to tell you may need to shoot spots!

Started the week with a good day of shooting and thought about just working on spots and this happened,close!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to tell you may need to shoot spots!

End of weekend and nice outside so thought a few arrows would be fun,shooting good and smooth and forgot about shooting spots...33 yards! At least it's just one vane to replace!

Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good shooting!
Old 04-21-2008, 10:57 AM

That's why they make the 5 spot NFAA target face and the 3 spot Vegas face... I can't remember the last time I had to replace a nock. Oh yeah, it was when I killed one of my A/C Hyperspeeds and quit shooting them at each other. After a while the bitter sweet feeling wears off and all you get is bitter $$$.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm getting to that point now.Last true R/H was about 3 weeks ago,I drilled someone else's arrow! That one I enjoyed!I have 2 true,2 nock screwups(pictured above),and 1 reason to refletch! I'm shooting into a yellow jacket so no shortage of spots.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

I have been shooting spots for the past week because finally I am clanging shafts.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Which bow? I have a vested interest.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's precisely the reason I usually only shoot groups to try to set sights and center my rest. Having somewhere around 12 of them through the years, I still think its a NEAT think, but I then shake my head in a bittersweet disgust. My last 2 were done while putting a new sight on one bow and upgrading my backup, and I did two of them in 3 days, one with each bow at 32yds. I did just grin on both of those because I realized I could officially consider both bows WELL-TUNED!!! Expensive or not, it IS good consistent shooting......now start "spotting" the shots, it'll save you some $$$$, 'cause you're gonna need it with the prices of fuel nowadays!!!!

Off topic, you say 33yds??? Do you shoot fixed pins??? Just wondered because I'm an unconventional one who sets pin based on my bows ballistics, and my pins on my last 3 bows were set at 24,32,40,48,56yds because those were what I percieved to be my best "error proofing" settings for whitetail hunting.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did that with the Diamond...the one with bendt limbs,and scraped riser I bought from somebody.It's sweet to shoot for extended periods verses the B/T Extreme.I was doing it at 33 while splitting the pins,it's just easier to focus on impact point when splitting the pins.I really enjoy shooting the Victory Greg...but I wouldn't hunt turkey with it!