Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Strings

Old 04-07-2008, 06:24 PM

Default Bowtech Strings

I found out something very interesting today (well to me anyway). I called bowtech about something today and ended up chatting with one of the tech guys about their strings and cables. I didn't know that I can order strings directly form them and theyy will twist whatever colors I want them in and at a pretty good price. Cool!! I talked to 2 different Bowtech delaers here in town about getting strings in different colors and neither one of them said anything about bowtech strings. Next time I'm there I will have to ask them.

Now for the questions, How do the Bowtech strings compare to those of say Vapor Trail, Winners Choice or some of the others? And for the Bowtech guys on here, Is there or could there be any warranty ploblems with putting something other Bowtech strings onmy bow?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:50 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Strings

You may want to check but I don't believe custom strings will effect the warrentee on the actual Bow or limbs! But like I said you may wan to check beforehand!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm curious to what others are thinking about bowtech strings, I assume that they're the same as on my Diamond bow. The only trouble that I had with factory strings was where the bottom of the cable winds up on the lower cam. The cam actually separates the serving where they make contact.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:15 AM

I have heard that Diamond uses BCY 452X on their bows, this is great string material that doesnt stretch, i would think that Bowtech uses the same.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bowtech Strings are very good quality strings! One of the best OEM strings out there.

Dan
Old 04-08-2008, 08:19 PM

Bowtech uses 22 strands of 452X BCY Low stretch material. If you can get the best string made for your bow at a reasonable price then ordering one or more is a no brainer.. get them,install each andserve in a peep and nock/loop/kisser and run a hundred or so shots through them then remove to store. Then when you are milesfrom your local bow shop, you have a set-up ready to shoot string.