Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech Strings

Old 10-05-2006, 05:16 PM

Default BowTech Strings

Anyone know what kind of material BowTech is using in their strings? It doesn't have any creep, which is nice, but the abrasion resistance sucks! The bow was new in August and I already need a new string due to it pilling up. I want to be sure not to use the same material.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:58 PM

Default RE: BowTech Strings

452x. usually when folks have issues like that they are applying the wax too briskly. a silicon based wax should be applied gently and the fibers of the string should not be heated w/ friction.

all that aside, even if you apply wax correctly and shoot arrows close to 5 gpp, its pretty tough on a string.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I learn something new every day. I didn't know there was a wrong way to wax the string. I usually just rub it on liberally and than take my 2 fingers and run them up and down the string to heat them up and smooth out the wax. Guess I need to pay better attention to what I'm doing.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:48 AM

My arrows are 500 grains (7 gr/lb) so that's definitely not the problem. Waxing too briskly...? Maybe but I don't think so. Abrasion from 5' tall grass, Devil's club, and berry thickets; definitely. If the strings are indeed 452x then I'm sticking with UltraCam for my strings. The BowTech string is pilling up bad but the string I made out of UltraCam for my Hoyt still looks like new after a year of similar service, and equally no creep.