Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Darton mavric ?

Old 02-14-2003, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Darton mavric ?

I' ve got a mavric express recurve and am tired of the string rotation so I ordered winers choice strings for it . My question is Im thinking of short stringing it to get slightly more brace height and want to know how many twist I should put in the string ?
Old 02-14-2003, 06:29 AM
Banned

Default RE: Darton mavric ?

Just trying out new software
Old 02-14-2003, 11:52 AM

Spinning down the string is going to drop your poundage and change the bows timing. Why do you want to do this? My Maverick shoots just fine at the normal braceheight. If it is a form issue spinning down the string is not going to help much.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:55 AM
CG

The BH on the Maverick shoots much like 7" + BH on most other bows.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the replies guys just looking for a littel more forgiveness when I' m on with this bow I' m dead on when I off I' m off by a copule inches depends on the day .
Old 02-14-2003, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had both the Maverick (CPS 4 straight limb) and a Mountain CPS. I did some experimenting with both, especially the Mountain. If you are going to " short string" the bow, you would want to shorten the string, power cable, and control cable so that you keep the cam within the timing marks. If you are talking about getting a 7" brace, you would definitely put more prestress in the limbs. I' m not experienced with servicing Dartons to know whether that extra prestress would cause a reliability problem for you or not. The Maverick seems to shoot like a higher braced bow in most ways. I remember having the Maverick at the same time as an MQ 1 and never even thought about the string hitting my wrist with the Mav., yet the string would " buzz" my wrist with the Mathews, mostly after the shot was already away. The Maverick is certainly capable of better accuracy and forgiveness than any other 6 1/4" brace bow I have shot. If it were me, I would try working on the follow through a little, and see if the fliers can' t be kept under control. It seems to me that Dartons use more limb flex during the draw than many other bows that have stiffer limbs that move less (Mathews and others). I don' t know how safe it is to add more prestress to that situation. You might be fine, but I think I would rather not take the risk, especially on a newer bow that you have more money in.