HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Darton mavric ?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 03:20 PM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Darton mavric ?

I had both the Maverick (CPS 4 straight limb) and a Mountain CPS. I did some experimenting with both, especially the Mountain. If you are going to " short string" the bow, you would want to shorten the string, power cable, and control cable so that you keep the cam within the timing marks. If you are talking about getting a 7" brace, you would definitely put more prestress in the limbs. I' m not experienced with servicing Dartons to know whether that extra prestress would cause a reliability problem for you or not. The Maverick seems to shoot like a higher braced bow in most ways. I remember having the Maverick at the same time as an MQ 1 and never even thought about the string hitting my wrist with the Mav., yet the string would " buzz" my wrist with the Mathews, mostly after the shot was already away. The Maverick is certainly capable of better accuracy and forgiveness than any other 6 1/4" brace bow I have shot. If it were me, I would try working on the follow through a little, and see if the fliers can' t be kept under control. It seems to me that Dartons use more limb flex during the draw than many other bows that have stiffer limbs that move less (Mathews and others). I don' t know how safe it is to add more prestress to that situation. You might be fine, but I think I would rather not take the risk, especially on a newer bow that you have more money in.