Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String Twist-vs Draw Length Question >

String Twist-vs Draw Length Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String Twist-vs Draw Length Question

Old 03-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default String Twist-vs Draw Length Question

I have a reflex that is adj. from 27.5 Draw Length to 30in. Problem is my draw length is a shade under. Can I get say 3/16 or so from twisting the string?
Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 AM

Default RE: String Twist-vs Draw Length Question

Yes, but it is going to chage the rest of the specs on the bow. Not sure what direction you will go off hand though. Someone on here should be able to tell you. It will change your draw weight, axle to axle, brace height and could effect your cam timing.

All that being said, I have done it and the bows normally shoot just fine. You might need to re tune though. I have shot some pretty whacky set ups and they were still pretty accurate once tuned.

Paul
Old 03-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Twist-vs Draw Length Question

I'd add in about 3 twists to the cables. It will make the DL longer, the valley larger, lower holding weight, and increase the peak poundage an unnoticable amount. Recheck your timing by shooting through paper and then shoot an arrow from the front of the valley and back of the valley at 20 yards to make sure your hitting the same general spot.

In general, unless I've got a massive amount of twisting to do, I prefer to add/subtract twists from the cables. I hate trying to retrain a peep to come back straight so once I've got that set I don't like to mess with it.