Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fall away vs. whisker biscuit >

Fall away vs. whisker biscuit

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fall away vs. whisker biscuit

Old 03-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Fall away vs. whisker biscuit

ORIGINAL: BruceW63

ORIGINAL: khawkins

I read an earlier post about a modified wb with the bristles cut away where the fletchlings pass through. ... Will I achieve any better accuracy by changing or do I stick with what I got?
It occurs to me that a Bowtech Hostage rest is pretty much a "modified WB". I've read in this forum, and others, that a big % of the "Bowtech pros" are shooting with Limb Drivers rather than the Hostage.

There's probably a reason for that.
It's a whole lot better, very little contact with the arrow,and nonewith the fletching.It is designed for hunting, I wouldn't use it in competition.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

my dad loves the fallaway he has on his parker, and i love the whisker buiscut i have on my fred bear
Old 03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just switched to the QAD Ultra Rest and can definately notice a difference in my accuracy, noise reduction, and arrow speed.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry
LMAO, and you can add one to the list with that. Set up my limbdriver this week, I couldnt believe how silent the bow became on draw....Even on the shot seemed quieter. The shot could have been my imagination, but I know for a fact that the drop aways wrapped in felt are 100000000x quieter on the draw.

And easy to set-up too, I always viewed Drop-aways as some mythical beast that only the elite knew how to set up and tune....Heck it was just as easy as my WB.
You like that Limb Driver, Huh?They are sweet!! IMHO they are the easiest to setup and most consistent dropaway on the market.

Dan
Old 03-07-2008, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

You like that Limb Driver, Huh?They are sweet!! IMHO they are the easiest to setup and most consistent dropaway on the market.

Dan
You betcha. I'm expecting my new strings in about a week, so I'm holding off the tuning process for when i re-setup my bow.

I have another order for you here soon.