Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BOWTECH users & TECH support?? >

BOWTECH users & TECH support??

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOWTECH users & TECH support??

Old 01-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH users & TECH support??

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I had a little Cam lean in 05 and 06, but it never caused a problem. My 07 and 08's have amazed me how straight they track

Dan
Did'nt you find it hard to keep it in tune with the cam lean? It could not of shot the same could it?
Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

MyBinary cam bows have beenthe easiest to keep in tune bows I ever owned. I don't think the cam lean affected the way it shot at all. I bet there were a few critters that wished it had.

I didn't keep shooting Bowtechs because I was having trouble with the Bows

Dan
Old 01-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Host of Hosts

You won't have any issues of cam lean on a General. Even the little that Bowtech experienced in 05 was a non issue blown out of proportion by people worried their favorite bows were now falling behind in technology.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

You won't have any issues of cam lean on a General. Even the little that Bowtech experienced in 05 was a non issue blown out of proportion by people worried their favorite bows were now falling behind in technology.
wow, that was a smug as crap response you gave, and it's not true at all. it wasn't just that they leaned - the lean changed a lot (comparing to other bows, and i mean a lot - over an inch on 2 i've had)from rest to full draw. the string travels that horizontal distance when the bow is shot - and with no way to control the limbs deflection at all - that's a big problem to certain groupsin the archery family. there's a lot to learn about bows, and it's really exactly the opposite of what you're saying - the issue was the new technology not being able to do what some folks want and need it to do, things you could and still can do with the older technology. i'm not sure if the center pivot bows meant to fix it, or if fixing it was just a by-product of getting speed out of a deflex riser system thang- but they sure killed 2 birds with one stone there.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Host of Hosts

wow, that was a smug as crap response you gave, and it's not true at all.
Whatever you say! I stand behind the fact that alot of the cam lean problems were exagerated. Was there problems? Yes! I never denied that fact, but things tend to get blown out of proportion on these sites especially AT. So there is alot of truthin my statement. Maybe you misinterpreted what I was saying. Just like the limb problems got blown out of proportion. Every bow maker has issues from time to time and people will jump on the brand bash bandwagon quicker than .... ! All because they want their brand to be the best.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:52 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR
Every bow maker has issues from time to time and people will jump on the brand bash bandwagon quicker than .... ! All because they want their brand to be the best.
Hmm, not sure I agree with this statement. They bash because, we are paying over 700 dollars for a bow. I am guilty as anyone for buying alot of bows. But when you stop and think about it, its insane.And for that amount of money, we freak out.Its not a 250 dollar PSE. That is a house payment to some. So, alot of us have very little tolerance for BS, damage control and spin. The more BS, damage control and spin, the more we blow it out of proportion. The more the general public blows it out of proportion, the more spin we get. Because we want to be heard.

Bowtech, and mathews, and hoyt are awesome companies that are innovative, and awesome at marketing and engineering. All three of these companies has had some problems over the last 7 years. Some serious.They pushed the edge for R&D. I love bowtech bows and will continue to buy them. But I do see a whole lot of spin going on forums these days. I am once again getting ready to test out bowtech's warranty, and feel confident they will make good. We will see.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:11 AM

try telling folks who have gone thru 6 sets of limbs the issue was overblown. yeah, why the spin? they had big limb issues, they always went above and beyond to take care of me, and most folks i've heard of. the ones i've heard of that were having difficulty - seems like it was the shop and not bowtech - and someone here from this sight got it taken care of. the cam lean was a huge issue to me - and when i put my constitution on the full draw tool and took laser readings at rest and full draw from both cams - i sold the bow 5 minutes later - cheap - because that's what it was worth in real life. if you want to be a fan-boy - cool.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Host of Hosts

if you want to be a fan-boy - cool.
Not a fanboy at all I shoot Hoyt and Bowtech so get of mybutt. You say in one sentence that Bowtech had major limb issues then in the next breath say it was dealer related. I don't know what your rambling about.