Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BOWTECH users & TECH support?? >

BOWTECH users & TECH support??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOWTECH users & TECH support??

Old 01-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default BOWTECH users & TECH support??

Have any of you herd about the problem with the cam lean on the bowtech bows? Im hearing that this is a big problem with the BOWTECH line of bows. I am a little worried to be honest since I just purchased a new General! Im assuming this happens after shooting for awhile the cams start to lean? I was also told there were some shipped like this! Is Bowtech aware of this ? Did they solve the problem?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BOWTECH users & TECH support??

LOL

What bow was the person telling you this shooting?
Not a problem, if anything on some of the conventional limbed bows you will experience a degree of LIMB TWIST because any bow that utilizes a cable rod imparting lateral pressure will see some degree of limb twist/ cam lean.

Your General has "Center Trac" cams meaning the string track on this system lies in the center of the limbs not pushed to the shelf side.That and the shortactive limb section pretty much eliminates any limb twist induced cam lean.
It will track and shoot very nicely, trust me. Enjoy it.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL twildasin, your reading to much internet slander. Every year we hear issues on bows from those holding other bows.

Fear not, you'll be fine. My General is a gem.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:29 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: twildasin

Have any of you herd about the problem with the cam lean on the bowtech bows? Im hearing that this is a big problem with the BOWTECH line of bows. I am a little worried to be honest since I just purchased a new General! Im assuming this happens after shooting for awhile the cams start to lean? I was also told there were some shipped like this! Is Bowtech aware of this ? Did they solve the problem?

I know they had some cam lean in 05 when the first binary cams came out. They redesigned, and then has to reinforce the cams on the allegience's and few others in 06. Alot were getting warped. Bowtech said it was dryfire situations only, but if you saw the cam they redesigned you could see where they reinforced. But in 07 and 08, I haven't seen any cam lean or problems. Its been a long time since I seen really any issues with bowtech. I myself have two. And looking for a third.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:11 PM

there are ways you can check.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:36 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: gibblet

there are ways you can check.
I agree. It definatley pays. I have seen a few bows with lean. I usually go to a proshop and use their spothogg laser, but plan on getting one myself. I would also like to have a full draw tool to check lean at full drw.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a little Cam lean in 05 and 06, but it never caused a problem. My 07 and 08's have amazed me how straight they track

Dan
Old 01-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Never had/have an issue with my 06 Allegiance and it's seen a pile of shots.

Tim, your PM inbox is full. I respondded but it wouldn't go. [8D]
Old 01-14-2008, 04:49 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Never had/have an issue with my 06 Allegiance and it's seen a pile of shots.
I have never seen a problem with your 06 allegiance either[:-]

Dad gone full house today with bowtech staff today on this subject.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not Bowtech staff but on here! I have one and will buy another if I see one I like at right price!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.