HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BOWTECH users & TECH support??
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 07:11 PM
gibblet

Default RE: BOWTECH users & TECH support??

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

You won't have any issues of cam lean on a General. Even the little that Bowtech experienced in 05 was a non issue blown out of proportion by people worried their favorite bows were now falling behind in technology.
wow, that was a smug as crap response you gave, and it's not true at all. it wasn't just that they leaned - the lean changed a lot (comparing to other bows, and i mean a lot - over an inch on 2 i've had)from rest to full draw. the string travels that horizontal distance when the bow is shot - and with no way to control the limbs deflection at all - that's a big problem to certain groupsin the archery family. there's a lot to learn about bows, and it's really exactly the opposite of what you're saying - the issue was the new technology not being able to do what some folks want and need it to do, things you could and still can do with the older technology. i'm not sure if the center pivot bows meant to fix it, or if fixing it was just a by-product of getting speed out of a deflex riser system thang- but they sure killed 2 birds with one stone there.