Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 here is your guide to proper form >

here is your guide to proper form

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

here is your guide to proper form

Old 12-29-2007, 02:36 PM

Default here is your guide to proper form

this guide should eliminate alot of "hows my form" posts.
admin. i think this would be a good one to pin to the top.
http://www.kslinternationalarchery.com/Technique/KSLShotCycle/KSLShotCycle-USA.html
this is kisik lee's website. I heard of him thru another post here and decided to do some research.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:22 PM

Default RE: here is your guide to proper form

With all due respect, the link is for 'tournament' form and is quite different than good 'hunting' form. I did a seminar on this subject several years ago.

Think about the differences and why they would be necessary.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is actually for tournament recurve shooters that shoot extreme distances,there is definately a difference in that and hunting or 3-d.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:17 PM

well i figure it like this, if you were to follow the guide lines in that link you would be well on the way to good shooting form and techniques... as far as the basics go i see no difference...if i'm wrong tell me why.
most of the hows my form posts are not out of position as you might be hunting or 3 d shooting. they are a standard target shooting position. I have not seen one "hows my form" taken from kneeling, twisted at the waist, bent at the waist as in shooting out of a stand, or even seated or sitting in a stand.... no, no, no they are all standing as if shooting tournament and all the little tweaks that are offered as help are geared the same way.
lower the bow shoulder, hand at 45 degrees straight and level draw arm from wrist to elbow, string cutting across nose hand anchored on same spot just under jaw. what else did i miss besides 3 anchor points and the stance.
its all there in the site, if you can get that youd be well equipped to start shooting any bow any position.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

The handanchoris different for fingers thanfor a release.That puts the elbow in a different position as well as the head.

They also are showing a locked elbow which in most opinions isn't a good fit for a compound.

In no way would these guys be able to maintain that form in a kneeling or twisted position.The form they utilize is one that is extremely stretched out which is good for what they do but isn't going to work well from a deer stand or in the 3-d woods.

There are a couple things in there that I think cross the spectrum,front shoulder load and height is one.I didn't read all of it but it does look like they also prefer shoulder width feet.They are showing an open stance which I personally am not a fan of but some people do like it.It does help create clearance.I feel that is a personall thing.They do point out posture and I agree with the even weighted posture,some disagree.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is some good stuff. Thanks for the link.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The handanchoris different for fingers thanfor a release.That puts the elbow in a different position as well as the head.

They also are showing a locked elbow which in most opinions isn't a good fit for a compound.

In no way would these guys be able to maintain that form in a kneeling or twisted position.The form they utilize is one that is extremely stretched out which is good for what they do but isn't going to work well from a deer stand or in the 3-d woods.

There are a couple things in there that I think cross the spectrum,front shoulder load and height is one.I didn't read all of it but it does look like they also prefer shoulder width feet.They are showing an open stance which I personally am not a fan of but some people do like it.It does help create clearance.I feel that is a personall thing.They do point out posture and I agree with the even weighted posture,some disagree.
Kind of like different forms of martial arts.