Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

proper bow form

Old 07-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Default proper bow form

Is there any good books,videos, or sites on the net that anybody knows that would help/show/explain proper bow form. I can go to two different bow shops and theywill both tell me something different. For instance proper stance, bow grip, measureing draw length , correct arrow spline and theright way to paper tune your bow.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: proper bow form

Welcome to the world of bowhunting. Watch some of the good shooters you know shoot and you can learn a lot.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of second rate bow shop people think their way of doing things is the only way, and they're almost always screwed up.

I'm afraid I don't know of any good videos or books for shooting compounds, but I'm sure they're out there. Somebody can steer you right on that, I'm sure. I just wanted to reinforce what treboryerf said... Hang out with good shooters. Don't just watch what they do, study what they do and try to incorporate some of their techniques into your own shooting style. Take what works for you and discard the rest.

Don't be afraid to ask for help. You'll run into the inevitable jerk who won't give you the time of day, but most archers are more than willing to help someone who's having trouble.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Google the following folks Terry Wunderle,Bob Ragsdale,Kirk Etheridge,Bernie Pellerite.These are all top notch coaches and/or authors.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Bartender

http://www.huntingnet.com/bow/right here on the site and also

http://www.thefarm.org/charities/i4at/lib2/bowshoot.htmis a good one.

Hope this helps