Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Aroow impact difference >

Aroow impact difference

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Aroow impact difference

Old 12-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Aroow impact difference

I knew you would notice the spelling...the wife must have noticed and read to your blind self! Yes I went and had things checked and I am going to just concentrate on shooting the beaman's now since the ARROW diameter is different.And I had the D/W measured I had it below 60 so I tightened the limbs after having the tiller checked.I'm going to work with this,pretty much got rest set now!If I won't punch the release I can put 3 real close...damaged one fletching already!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's kind of where I am, I'm at the bubble with 400 and 340 spine. They both shoot good, just that the 400 are too fast for ASA even at 58 pound DW. I've got different grain inserts on the arrows. Also the 340's are about an inch longer. I may try to take a twist out of my string whenour little buddy gets home next week from down under.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

After he gets back and it is nice weather I may take a trip up there to show you my improvement or show you up! Your supposed to be working anyway...oh forgot your a big excutive now and get long holidays and weekends!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

After he gets back and it is nice weather I may take a trip up there to show you my improvement or show you up! Your supposed to be working anyway...oh forgot your a big excutive now and get long holidays and weekends!
Pretty funny.
I decided to fling a few today in these 30 mile an hour winds, the first was dead on, the second was a Robin Hood. I put up the bow and figured it was a good day in the wind.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

I think my reason to go hunting will be being ready,consistant hitting and range estimate,confidence.If thats not till next October that will be fine,but I want it to feel right,not like some folks grab gun week before season shoot it a few times and go hunting,I want my shooting to be right in case the chance presents itself!
Next October? Forget about broadheads till at least July. For now learn how to tune a bow and the terminology to do so. Then learn how to set your bow up and how to shoot it. Learn what good repeatable form is and try to achieve same. Join a local club or shop and go to 3D shoots and meet people. You can get a lot of hands-on helps this way.

You do this and you'll be able to easily tune for broadheads when that time arrives. Till then be happy shooting field points and just learning to shoot well.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is local club over in Midland that has some shoots I think,I was thinking of getting in touch with them and watching.I am taking time and having fun learning as I go!