Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Aroow impact difference >

Aroow impact difference

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Aroow impact difference

Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Aroow impact difference

I replaced the Archers Edge rest with a Bodoodle Bullet,I was shooting some Easton 2317 XX75's just to get form and funtion set,I was also shooting Beaman ICS 400's time to time and they hit the same at 20 yards,same sight pin.I had to adjust the sights a little bit with the Bodoodle shooting the Easton,when I shot the Beaman's they group great but they were about 8"s lower that the Eastons! Did the rest do that or I do something wrong? Or should I just shoot the Beamans exclusivly now?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Aroow impact difference

I like my 340's...If your shooting better with the 400's go with the 400's if you havnt changed your form.
rests can change the arrow flight if not set right,just like a new peep,nock/D-loop or sight can change the point ofarrow impact if not set correctly....
Remember everything has to work together........
Old 12-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the way the Easton's pull outa the block target,the ICS 400's bury up tight! Gonna talk to my coach/pro tomarrow,and ask at local shop and see about the rest adjustment,and still look forward to what the group says also!
Old 12-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Assuming your bow was well tuned with the old rest you could have just mounted the new one and adjusted it so your arrows had the same POI as with the old rest. This might not have been perfect but should have been close. I would not have adjusted the sight, but the rest.

I'm not fam,ilar with your rest, but if it has prongs maybe they are sperad a litle more than the old rest so the Bemans set lower between the prongs.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Beaman's set down in the prongs due to size,the easton's are larger diameter.Thats why I'm thinking just adjust rest for my prefered arrow and only shoot that size.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

The arrow diameter along with the arrows sitting lower in the prongs is why you see the difference in poi.

Readjust the rest to fit the preferred arrows and then retune.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats the plan,the larger arrows will be close range release practice and the rest is adjusted for the Beaman's and will be my go to arrow of choice!I get the new 5 pin in soon and the rest is adjusted...new string will be next purchase and then shoot shoot shoot! Going to have fun and learn till cash and a reason/season to hunt with it...oh yeah get to have fun choosing and tuning a broadhead,that will be a Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

When do you plan on our next hunting season? Choosing and tuning for broadheads take a couple hours. Broadheads are the least of a person's worries. Learning good, repeatable shooting form and HOW to tune a bow take much longer, butpay more dividends. Tuning for broadheads is basically just fine-tuning the bow. All the other stuff is why there are about 9 months of non-hunting time.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think my reason to go hunting will be being ready,consistant hitting and range estimate,confidence.If thats not till next October that will be fine,but I want it to feel right,not like some folks grab gun week before season shoot it a few times and go hunting,I want my shooting to be right in case the chance presents itself!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

I replaced the Archers Edge rest with a Bodoodle Bullet,I was shooting some Easton 2317 XX75's just to get form and funtion set,I was also shooting Beaman ICS 400's time to time and they hit the same at 20 yards,same sight pin.I had to adjust the sights a little bit with the Bodoodle shooting the Easton,when I shot the Beaman's they group great but they were about 8"s lower that the Eastons! Did the rest do that or I do something wrong? Or should I just shoot the Beamans exclusivly now?
First of all Rookie, you hab to learn to e-spell Arrow! .... Did you do what we talked about on the phone? ( you little West Texas spelling bee champ)

Quick Reply: Aroow impact difference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.