Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Darton Impact

Old 06-23-2006, 06:54 PM

Default Darton Impact

Greetings
I have been looking at the Darton Imapct , has anyone had any experince with it. I would appreciate any feedback

Regards
Barry
Old 06-24-2006, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Darton Impact

It is the one bow that I have not had the pleasure to handle. You probably do not know that it is a copy of the Proline/Winchester bow of a few years ago and I did handle a few of those, and they were pretty good bows.I have sold quite a few Dartons and always thought well of them,(good performance and excellent fit and finish)tried a few years ago to get them to send me a freebee so I could test the bow but to no avail.The person in charge of crossbows told me then he was shooting a prototype that was shooting well, and I do mean well over 400fps with a 500g bolt, with over 250lbs of energy, that would be awesome performance....I would not be afraid of buying the Great Lakes......
Old 06-24-2006, 09:40 AM

thanks Jaygail.i went and tried out the darton and it felt way better than the other crossbows . I liked how it balanced in my hands. I was just unsure of the reputation as compared to Horton, 10 point and Excal
Old 06-24-2006, 10:24 AM

Let me know if they will let you shoot it thru the chrono,I would be interested to know if it shoots as fast as they say....And what bolts they recommend and what are are total weight of the bolt when shot thru the chrono( I highly recommend Gold Tip bolts,Lazer11's)
Old 06-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

I have an old Darton Mag compound I've shot for years. It's the only compound bow I've ever had. It shoots great still but my shoulder won't left me shoot it any longer. I didn't even know they made Crossbows. That's good to know. I bet they will shoot as well as any Xbow, but I'd shoot against it with my 10 point anyway. Put two deer out there, side by side. Shoot one with the Darton, the other with the Ten Point. Two dead deer. Put another deer out there. Shoot at it with a Ben Pierson, deer starves to death waiting for the arrow to get there.
BBO