Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Problems Fletching Blasers - pics >

Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Old 11-13-2007, 09:57 AM

Default RE: Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Hi guys. I haven't been on in a while and am posting this late in the thread.

There has already been some good info written.
Bigbulls is right. Stop cleaning the Blazers and wraps before you glue. That will solve a lot of your problems and keep the cool skull on the wrap.
Aussie-Guy had a good tip about putting a dab of cement at the front and rear of the vane once it is setup.

I use CE Maxima 250 shafts, the same EZ-Wraps you do with the skull and Blazers. I have a Bitz jig with the right helical clamp and use plain 'ol generic Super Glue Gel. I buy it in a 3 pack from the dollar store. If you are stuck with a brand name, use the Fletch Tite Platinum. I have had good results with that also.
With the Bitz, you can dial in the amount of offset and that is a godsend when putting Blazers on small diameter shafts. Put in as much offset as you can and your arrows will fly great.
I also cut my wraps down in both length and width. If you cut them to 1" wide, they will have just enough to overlap. You may have to experiment with the width to find out what fits your shafts the best.

Good Luck
Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: bkkd

ive found that the fletch tite platinum works just fine for me with blazers, in fact i like it a lot better than the super glues......BUT.......

i use a quality fletching jig also, not an e-z fletch, i use a jo-jan with straight clamp.

i know a lot of ya like the e-z fletchers, but to me at least they dont hold even pressure on the shaft and vane.

just my .2 cents and of course ymmv.
Ditto except that I'm using the Jo-Jan helical clamp and Bohning wraps.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Like someone else said, when using superglue type adhesives you shouldn't clean your shafts with alcohol,acetone or whatever. NAP says just to rinse with plain tap water and wipe off when using their quickset glue and their quickspins. I rinse my wraps wipe off and glue my Blazers with cabelas brand of superglue. No problems.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree its the glue , try goat tuff