Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

carbon problems

Old 10-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Spike

Default carbon problems

Here is what i did. I'm a recuve guy from the start. I shoot alright, but decided to buy a compound for a back up bow. Anyhow i decided to buy a fred bear element from hunters friend. I walked into the local crappy archery shop to pick up my brothers bow and got talkin with the retard that runs the place.(strike one) I told him of what i'm lookin at ordering. He said he could beat the price. So he made some calls. 429.99. Not bad, but the average. He then convinced me to shoot a few bows in the shop. I shot a tornado, bengal, rage, etc...(second strike) I liked the rage so i bought it. While setting the bow up, he asked me what i want to shoot. I said carbon, but i want good arrows that will last because i'm done buying ****. I want a bow that i can pull from the case and shoot and not have to worry about tuning the arrows or replacing. Anyhow, he sold me Rebel carbon 60-75. THese arrows scare the #### out of me. I've broke 6 already just shooting a regular block target. They just crack and make all sorts of funny sounds then pulled from the target. they crack just from being shot into the target. THe bow is set up with a 29in arrow, 62 pounds. What should i buy. I guess i'll drop another 80 bucks. I still shoot my recurve alot, so i don't want maximma or anything really fancy, just a good dependable arrow
Old 10-19-2007, 06:26 PM

Default RE: carbon problems

Believe it or not, the arrows he sold you ARE good, dependable arrows. No, they aren't high dollar top end, but good.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

easton axis - they work for me
Old 10-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll try to make this short and sweet. I really don't know why your arrows are breaking. I've shot all kinds of arrows over the years from aluminum, ACC's, and lots of different carbons and can say with relative certainty that none are impervious to being damaged. Regardless of what others may say none are indestructible.

As a matter of routine I'm a speed freak so buy thin walled, light arrows. I shoot upwards of 15,000 shots a year. Although I change around a lot I have arrows that are ten years old or older. Mostlythere are still 9 or 10 left of the original dozens. One thing I have learned is not to group shoot any more. After a while it just doesn't make any sense to bust my own arrows to prove to myself that I can. I know I can.

In your case, like I said, I don't know what the problem is, but I seriously doubt that it is just the arrows.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you should get heavier arrows...
Old 10-20-2007, 07:27 PM

well if you want to buy different arrows, try eason epics.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

im a new jack and dont know everything..but i was setup with GoldTips.,. 5575's from what i understand they are a very common arrow,,, ive shot into a 2X4 (on accident,, kinda) and didnt hurt it abit.. lost the field tip... but arrow is fine.. they are advertised as "the toughest arrow youll ever shoot" (ford advertises the same..but we know how crappy their trucks are)