Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Carbon Impact Carbon Express or Goldtips? >

Carbon Impact Carbon Express or Goldtips?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon Impact Carbon Express or Goldtips?

Old 03-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Carbon Impact Carbon Express or Goldtips?

Which is the better arrow in your Minds. I am looking to buy the middle of road price on each of these around a .003 str. and .002-.003gr. I will be using a Muzzy Zero Effect on a 29" 70lb Allegeince. The carbon Impact vanes look differnet than the others they are not tapered the same way would this make for better steering or not the arrows are also very smooth but I just don't know which arrow and would like some input on this. And what are the price range for each?
Old 03-07-2005, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Carbon Impact Carbon Express or Goldtips?

i just bought a set of gold tips, i can't tell u how they work on game. but i will say this they sure shoot nice, smooth and very fast. i bought hunter xt 55/75 i paid 66.95 per 12 with vanes and cut to size. maybe to much but i really like the shop owner. i am very happy with them!
Old 03-08-2005, 04:54 AM

i go gt, made in america.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:05 AM

Carbon Express has worked well for me.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:06 PM

I shoot gold tips and they are an excellent arrow. I also used to shoot carbon express and again they were an excellent arrow, but straightness measurements were not as consistent as in the gold tips.

The archery shop I go to just started carrying Carbon Tech, they said that these are the only arrows that have been true to their straightness tolerances. Might be worth checking out.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:22 PM

i shoot carbon express i am very happy with them, they can withstand alot and maintain a good straitness, my hunting partner shoots carbon impacts and swears by them, he had one arow that he shoot through 3 deer with one of them in the shoulderblade and still shoots the same arrow, i also hear goldtips are very good, so i dont no wat to tell u
Old 03-09-2005, 08:36 PM

I was in your same dilema, and I went with GT. I asked a league partner, who shoots A LOT. He shoots all venues, with all types of bows. I asked specifically with 3D in mind. He said without a doubt, the GT's. I was comparing between the CXL selects and the GT 22 Pros. In his opinion, for 3D, the GT's are better, as they are tougher at the equivilant weight shaft, in this case a CXL 250. He shoots the 350's for indoor, as they will not get smacked and weight does not matter. He said, without a doubt, the GT's for 3D, so that is what I bought.

JMAC