Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Release aid question. >

Release aid question.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Release aid question.

Old 01-03-2003, 10:09 PM

Default Release aid question.

I only ask this question because I really havent seen it talked about much. The question is which type of release I should use? I just recently went to releases and currently using a caliper release, and thinking of using the ones with the ball bearings in them or the kind that you push on the string and it has the metal post holding in place. (hope you all know what i am talking about). So what do you all suggest and the pros and cons of them? Thanks in advance,
Smoky.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:34 AM

Default RE: Release aid question.

use one that feels comfortable to you
I use the True Fire Hurricane
a very silent release & adjustabe trigger & length to trigger
I use to use X-caliper & wore it out 9 years. liked that rest but found when nothing happining in woods I would start to open & close trigger making a clicking noise, not a good thing to do
good luck there are styles out on the market
Gregg
Old 01-08-2003, 07:28 PM

I use the Winn release. I have had it now for 6 years and I would not trade it in for anything else. It is a great release check it out..

Josh Harry
Old 01-09-2003, 12:20 AM

Anyone seen the new H.O.T version of the Hurricane? My current release is annoying when it's sticking up in the way clanking off of stuff. I like the fold back ability of the H.O.T. releases.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Spike

Do yourself a favor and check out the lil goose by scott archery. Consider the buckle strap, because it is always consistant with your anchor point. I just bought one and love it. A couple of other people told me about it and they were right. It is adjustable in length and trigger pull, but won't release prematurely and punch you in the face. Hold your finger behind the trigger till you are at full draw, and start your release sequence. Good luck!
Old 01-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

I use and prefer the True Fire X-Caliper 'Relax To Fire' method. By adjusting the trigger pull to very light all I need to do is think 'Release' and the release fires. It's the next best thing to a back tension release.

When it wears ouit I'll buy another!

Bowhunter