Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bare shaft testing (help needed) >

bare shaft testing (help needed)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bare shaft testing (help needed)

Old 08-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Spike

Default bare shaft testing (help needed)

I'm sure this info is already posted somewhere but I would like some advice, please. I just got some new easton axis st 340 arrows (black,no camo)and would really like to know how long to cut them to get the correct spine. I have a hoyt razortec and am comfortableat70# draw weight. I am a 30" draw length and shoot 100 gr tips and blazers(no wrap). How do you bare shaft tune to get the correct spine? I've been shooting this bow for 4 years and am just now learning all the neat fine tuning that can be doneto a bow from this forum. I now know that I have to start by getting the correct spined arrow for my setup. Do I shoot a bare shaft through paper? How do I interprit the results? Any help would be much appreciated as I am anxious to get these new arrows cut to the correct length so I can start fine tuning my bow and practice practice practice! Thanks for your time!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:29 AM

Default RE: bare shaft testing (help needed)

Go to the Easton web site and download the Tuning and Maintenance guide and it will have the answers you seek about tuning. It is free and very easy to understand.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Spike

Default RE: bare shaft testing (help needed)

Thanks Red Lion. I have seen many references to that guide before but I couldn't open it from my computer. I got a friend to open up and e-mail it to me. It looks great. I can now test a couple of arrows and see what I need to cut them to. I appreciate the help and I'll let you know if I run into any problems while doing all those tests.