Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bare Shaft Tuning >

Bare Shaft Tuning

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bare Shaft Tuning

Old 03-08-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Bare Shaft Tuning

How important is bare shaft tuning on a single cam compound bow?
Old 03-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bare Shaft Tuning

It doesn't matter whether it's a single cam bow, dual or even a recurve. I've found that bare shaft tuning and getting a bare shaft to shoot straight, with no planing out to 35 yards just makes my bow/arrow combination so much more forgiving of any mistakes I might make. Some times it takes a lot of tinkering and tweaking to get these results, but to me that's half the fun of shooting. Finding out how to get the results you want, and having a better understanding of bows and arrow flight characteristics. It makes for a truer flying arrow, one that is coming out of the bow straight so the fletching has less work to do. This enhances speed and penetration, putting the whole shaft directly behind the broadhead so as to achieve the most forward momentum.