Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How many don't use a kisser anymore? >

How many don't use a kisser anymore?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How many don't use a kisser anymore?

Old 07-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many don't use a kisser anymore?

Hey Newman, thanks for the info buddy.

Shane
Old 07-25-2007, 08:11 PM

Len, excellent point. That's not the answer I expected....I had built up in my mind that buy shooting a right handed bow left handed you had some magical tuning trick up your sleeve, but I like your answer better....Thanks.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:10 PM

Actually, there is a 'tuning trick'. You have to have very neutral form, gripand the correct draw length to be able to shoot the same bow either way.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm shooting better group's than I ever have ,and that's without the kisser button . I used a kisser for the first couple year's when I was trying to find a consistant anchor point ,but now that I have that ,I have no need for the kisser. Anchor point and peep as Trevwill say's . I also remember to anchor my release into the corner of my mouth.

nubo
Old 07-26-2007, 07:21 AM

I usually start out with a new bow without a kisser/nose button until I've established a good 'feel' with the bow. At that time I'm shooting very well and have established that comfort zone.

Then I add the kisser/nose button and do some minor adjustments to get that 'absolute' position that I'll know when it happens. Then, and only then, will I get the quick positioning on the peep that I desire/require for low-light hunting. It is also then that I get the 'best' shooting form as witnessed recently by my new tech. Again, he was amazed at the difference all of that finite adjustment made to my shooting form, accuracy and comfort. The whole process takes me weeks of walking away and readjusting until I finally hit that 'sweet spot' with a new bow.

Hope this helps.