HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   How many don't use a kisser anymore? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/198871-how-many-dont-use-kisser-anymore.html)

bigcountry 07-23-2007 03:37 PM

How many don't use a kisser anymore?

On all my old bows >40" ATA, I can use a kisser in corner of my mouth, still have my anchor point under my jaw, and my nose on the string. But these shorter bows <34" ATA, I have to give up something. I still want to keep my anchor under my jaw, still use a peep, but with the string angle, the kisser is basically useless. If I try to pull the kisser in to the corner of my mouth, my release is way behind my usual jaw placemtn by an inch and my bow arm is bent little too much for my taste.

Anyone else notict this? Thinkin of shopping for a different release where the jaws are very close. And then increase my draw by 1/2".

Arthur P 07-23-2007 03:46 PM

RE: How many don't use a kisser anymore?

Actually, I never have used a kisser. But I never used an under the jaw anchor either. Even with a corner of the mouth anchor there is no possible way I can get a 3rd anchor reference with the string on my nose. Not with these short bows at my draw length. I'm stuck with anchor point and peep as my only references.

Dryridge 07-24-2007 12:24 AM

instead of bringing the kisser to the corner of the mouth...which moves all around anyway....why not try putting it on the line of your eye tooth. Open lips just slightly and set the kisser on the front of your eye tooth or incisor. It will never move resulting in a much better anchor anyway. It is also out further to the front and you can catch it better with the sharper string angle. I also slide my kisser down closer to the nock on shorter ATA bows. You can use it, just slip one on the string and slide it up and down until you find a spot that fits. You can use it on the tip of your nose even. I gave up my peep for hunting YEARS ago. Using a kisser, jaw, and nose to a knot served onto the string and looking around the string w/my right eye resulted in a much better sight picture and none of the worries associated with the peep. I got used to this and can shoot just as good scores without it as I did with it.

Good Luck. Holler at me(PM) if you have trouble.

Dave

Straightarrow 07-24-2007 04:24 AM

Anyone else notict this? Thinkin of shopping for a different release where the jaws are very close. And then increase my draw by 1/2".
This is what I did a couple years ago. I don't use a peep, so multiple anchor points are a must, the kisser being one.

txjourneyman 07-24-2007 05:57 AM

I took my kisser off for the same reason. Now its nose , jaw, and peep.

trevwill 07-24-2007 06:09 AM

Anchor point and peep is the way to go these days. Also dont worry too much.

bigcountry 07-24-2007 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: trevwill

Also dont worry too much.
You either bud. Take it easy in life.

bigcountry 07-24-2007 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

This is what I did a couple years ago. I don't use a peep, so multiple anchor points are a must, the kisser being one.
Goodness releases are not cheap these days especially for quality. But I think its time. Lots of nice release out there.

Thanks for all replies. Glad to see I am not alone.

mobow 07-24-2007 09:00 AM

Maybe the shorter ATA bows aren't a good fit for you??? Just brainstorming....

I don't use a kisser anymore either....It took a little practice, but my groups have actually gotten better since I got rid of it.

bigcountry 07-24-2007 09:03 AM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Maybe the shorter ATA bows aren't a good fit for you??? Just brainstorming....

I don't use a kisser anymore either....It took a little practice, but my groups have actually gotten better since I got rid of it.
Well, honestly, I don't think they are good fit for anybody unless draw is like 26-28". But its all about trade offs. I am still deciding on a commander or a guardian over these issues.