Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ANYBODY USE A KISSER W/OUT >

ANYBODY USE A KISSER W/OUT

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ANYBODY USE A KISSER W/OUT

Old 08-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Spike

Default ANYBODY USE A KISSER W/OUT

a peep and a string knock on string that touches your nose w/kisser button in the corner of your mouth. I`M thinking of taking my peep off and doing this as my eyes tend to want to blur the target when looking through the peep in low light. I used to shoot without a peep or a kisser button and could shoot very well out to 35-40 yds. If you use this or a version of it would you please give me your thoughts on how well you like it. THANKS.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:27 PM

Default RE: ANYBODY USE A KISSER W/OUT

I used to shoot this way... Aslong as you have a solid form and DO NOT EVER switch between shooting target and game its fine. I find this hard to do as your shaking when the monster walks in..... it works, but i wouldnt recemend it
Old 08-04-2003, 11:47 PM

I have shot/hunted for very long time using only (2) kisser buttons for alignment. As long as I have my bow tuned, accuracy is no problem for me. Having a complete and clear view of my target, especially in low light, is a blessing.

I also shoot with both eyes open. Full depth perception and being able to easily (visually) follow a moving deer is a plus.

You will be told that you cannot obtain best accuracy without a peep. That belief has proven time and time again to be totally incorrect. A peep is nothing more than a device to enable a consistent anchor and head position. Just find another method to do the same and rid yourself of the downside of a peep. Mine (method) is the (2) kissers.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:43 AM

I' ve never used a peep. I have a kisser button at the corner of my mouth, the string touches the tip of my nose, my knuckle of my release hand rests against the back of my jaw bone.

I have 3 solid points of contact and have great accuracy. This is a huge benefit in low light conditions.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don' t use a kisser or a peep, or touch the string to my nose (physically impossible with my draw and AtoA. I do use a no-peep and a level though.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:56 AM

Kisser at the corner of my mouth, string on the tip of my nose and anchor with my thumb on the back of my neck. I use one lighted fiber optic pin and line it up along the left side of the string. The extra visual you get from not having to look through the peep more than offsets any loss in accuracy. I use a peep for foam critters and a kisser for the real thing. Have not had any problems hitting them in seven years of shooting this way.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will be told that you cannot obtain best accuracy without a peep. That belief has proven time and time again to be totally incorrect. A peep is nothing more than a device to enable a consistent anchor and head position. Just find another method to do the same and rid yourself of the downside of a peep. Mine (method) is the (2) kissers.

If you do a little research on this subject " you will be told that you cannot obtain best accuracy without a peep" by archers with far more credentials than anyone here!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you do a little research on this subject " you will be told that you cannot obtain best accuracy without a peep" by archers with far more credentials than anyone here!
What kind of credentials are we talking about here? Bowhunting or 3d credentials?
Old 08-05-2003, 09:28 AM

Ripped my peep off this year. Went with a No-Peep : http://www.timberline-archery.com . Can' t see any way I' d ever go back. Unfortunately there' s no vision blocking, twisting, blurryness, creeping, peeking, etc. All those things that you' ve come to love with a peep.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:47 PM

" If you do a little research on this subject " you will be told that you cannot obtain best accuracy without a peep" by archers with far more credentials than anyone here!

That claim is more accurate when written as............

" If you do a little research on this subject " you will be told that THEY cannot obtain best accuracy without a peep" by archers with far more credentials than anyone here!